+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get over a girl who was also a close friend for 8 years?

How to get over a girl who was also a close friend for 8 years?

There is a girl that I met in 6th grade, and we were close friends but she always had a crush on me, but I never acted on it until junior year of highschool. We started getting really close and I also went to prom with her. We then "dated" for two months( I used to be shy around girls so the most I did was hold her hand twice) she broke up with me cause it upset her that I never showed any affection to her. Years went by and we both dated other people, and I'm not shy with girls like I used to be. We are both in college now and she reached out to me, we talked and texted for 3 months, and we actually started hanging out again recently. I just this past week went to her university for the weekend and we went to a party, cuddled a lot, and we both slept together(no sex though) in her room. The problem I'm now having is I still couldn't bring myself to kiss her for some reason, even though she gave me the perfect opportunity as I left to go home. Now, she isn't acting normal, she is texting me back every 6 or 8 hours and when she does she seems uninterested. I told her I didn't mean to upset her by not kissing her and that when the time was right, it would happen. She said she was fine and it's okay but she is still acting strange. I am hoping it will work out but I'm trying to prepare myself to move on at last from her, it's just sooo hard since she's the closest female friend I've ever had and always felt stronger towards her than any other girl. I will say though my parents, friends, etc, think I'm an idiot for talking to her again and that makes this 1000x worse.

How do I move on from her?

Just go to her place kiss her and tell her you should have done that ages ago

Why prepare for the worst event. You are mentally settling yourself up for failure

Don't
    Ask yourself what exactly you must do in order to make happen what you want