+ Follow This Topic

Thread: High School Romance

High School Romance

Theres this girl I want to get to know better than sits right next to me in class... what are some verbal and physical signals I could send that would convey that I'm interested? I don't want to seem awkward or too forward.. what do i do? We smile at each other sometimes but thats about it.. how do I get the ball rolling?

lilwing89 Guest
    talk to her for chrissakes

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know. How's about talking.

Why does no one ever get this one?

edit: ha ha me and lilwing posted the same thing at the same time
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

But how do i start the conversation? i need details! its been a while since my last relationship (which ended badly and robbed me of a lot of my confidence)

Well considering tomorrow's Monday, I've got a whopper for you! Say to her, "What do you think of this class so far?" Or "What did you think of the last test in here?" Or "How was your weekend?" Or, you could really put yourself out there and say, "Hi."

dont have to be a jerk about it....

I'm just kiddin around dude, relax. Just because you think you like her doesn't mean you need to be any different than if you were just meeting another guy. Be nice, talk about shit you'd normally talk about, and see what happens. I'm terrible at hitting on girls or whatever you want to call it, but you are in a neutral setting at school that makes it much easier. Just talk to her, and be yourself. And if something good comes from that, then cool!

lilwing89 Guest
    dont just talk to her...think about what you are going to say. say something that doesnt sound halfbaked. dont ask her how school is. start out by asking her what her name is..and if you forget that, theres always time later to go "hey! here i am talking to you and i dont even know your name!"

talk about your interests and ask her about hers. if you get a negative response, lay off a bit.

i already know her name...

i just dont wanna sound random... i want to avoid coming out of the blue and saying something like "so what kind of music do u listen to?". i need a good icebreaker that will make those kind of questions less awkward..

lilwing89 Guest
    before you ask questions like that you gotta wait until she smiles, smile back, say hi and your name and ask for her name even though you already know it. ask her how she feels that day. then ask as many questions as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by djlockdown
    Theres this girl I want to get to know better than sits right next to me in class... what are some verbal and physical signals I could send that would convey that I'm interested? I don't want to seem awkward or too forward.. what do i do? We smile at each other sometimes but thats about it.. how do I get the ball rolling?
    For the love of god just start a natural conversation with her!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here's a starter. Ask to borrow a pen or something....there. You've made first verbal contact. Then maybe comment about how boring/good your class is. Something random and harmless. Make it look like you're just making conversation for the hell of it, not because you want to talk to her in particular.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

yip yip yip. You can't honestly be THAT shy!? Borrowin a pen or pencil is a good idea. Or pretend you forgot to do your homework and ask to see what she did in case you get asked a question. There is no such thing as the perfect ice-breaker, everything will seem wrong to you because you're so stressed over the situation.I think the best is to ask how her weekend was. It's not too personal, and she will have to answer with more than a yes or no.
    to err is human, to forgive divine

aight ive summed up enough courage to overcome my shyness and try some of these ideas out... thank u SO MUCH to everyone... ill let u know what happens!
    Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
    --CG Jung