+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I actually like her?

Do I actually like her?

I'm in middle school. So there is this girl who I know likes me. I've heard from many people. I can tell from the way she acts too. I don't really know if I like her though. She has a great personality, we have so many common interests, and we would be perfect for each other. Do I actually like her even though I'm not attracted to her physically. It's not that I think she's ugly. I'm just not in love with her body. Do I like her, or should we just be friends?

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I'm not sure. I just need to know if my brain wants to date her, or just be friends.

If you don't think you like her then you don't. Just because she's a nice person doesn't mean you have to like her that way. Remain friends with her unless you become actually interested in her.

Mmd is right.

If you aren't sure, then you don't like her man. If there was a super cute girl with a fun personality talking to you and really liked you and you were having a great time in each other's presence, then you wouldn't have to think to yourself "Do I like her?". You would already know. So to answer your question, no. You don't like her man.

You're only in middle school though so it's understandable that you might have these thoughts. I was clueless with girls when I was in middle school. It wasn't until I actually got to university and stepped out of my comfort zone with girls that I started to imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jexpler View Post
    I'm not sure. I just need to know if my brain wants to date her, or just be friends.
    your brain (or logical concious decision making process) is not the one who decides that

also: how do you expect us to answer this for you?

How can you find out if you want to date her or rather be friends with her?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.