+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost in translation - Help

Lost in translation - Help

Hello everybody,

Since I'm not a native speaker of English I find it terribly hard to flirt in that language, I mean it's even freaking difficult in my mother tongue and even harder doing so while texting.

Yes, I've met an Irish guy and have a crush on him. In the near future I'll go on a business trip to the city where he lives and I'm already thinking about what I could text him. Of course, the aim of this text is to see him again, but I don't want to appear needy, boring, clingy or any other negative adjective you could attribute to a woman in that case . At the same time it should be a bit cheeky - I mean the Irish are known for their sarcasm and good sense of humour. What do you think about: "I'm in XY this week. Could you show me around? I could need a good tour guide " It's the best I could come up with.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Cheers!

A great thing to do is to make an "excuse" to be with him. The tour guide idea is great. If you want to make it a bit more obvious, then add a winking face emoji.

Yeah, I think that is perfectly fine. I mean, if you are going for something a little flirty, I don't think that is quite it. But, that definitely doesn't strike me as needy, boring, clingy, homicidal, psychotic, or any other fun adjectives like that.

It seems like a great excuse to get together with him. Though, I think Jexpler makes a good point as well. Add a winky face if you want it to seem just a tad flirty.

its not about what you write
    its about the attitude you write with.

i dont think "needy" is necessarily bad for a woman. If you come of slutty thats different, but a little horny probably wont put of most men.
    especially not if you get the right kind of hard to get going
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.