+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give him a chance?

Should I give him a chance?

So I've neglected this issue for a while simply because it's the easy thing for me to do

So a really good friend of mine is interested in me, in fact, I know as far as If I agree to being with him, he would ask me to marry me.

He's 27, I'm 22

Face wise, he is attractive (not wow, but attractive enough)--but his body is really feminine like and he pulls feminine expressions--I've always wanted a manly man---mind you, this guy is alpha with his achievements.

He has a great family, and their family and mine get on very well...he's a christian and I know he's the type of man who would stick things out through thick and thin. And shockingly enough despite being feminine like in body language, I feel something when he holds my hand (maybe the age difference is causing this)

Only recently, have I started becoming open with the idea of being in a relationship, I've never had a boyfriend before but I think I've got a greater pool to meet, I don't want to just go for the first thing that shows some strong potential for a lasting marriage.

I am also concerned that maybe he just wants to find someone to marry just because most of his friends are married at 27.

And another thing, I feel like he's just like the other guys have met who are good men but just want me as their girlfriend, without caring to fully understand and accept completely a past that makes me who I am today.

I look forward to hearing all your solutions.

Thank you

And another thing, I feel like he's just like the other guys have met who are good men but just want me as their girlfriend, without caring to fully understand and accept completely a past that makes me who I am today.
    What does this even mean "without caring to fully understand and accept completely a past that makes me who I am today?" What happened to you that you think this is so important to know about and more importantly that you feel they need to accept?

What is your issue? You have a man that seems interested in you with whom you don't seem to reciprocate that interest. Tell him so and move onto doing things that will facilitate you meeting others.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

All your concerns are premature - people date over a certain period of time in order to find all that stuff out; that's when you can figure out whether he likes you for you (instead of needing someone to marry) but he's only 27 so...while I'm not sure what religion you are, that's hardly a time for a man to get desperate.

If you have issues with his femininity or you're not quite attracted to him - that's okay too. You don't owe someone a marriage. It's also okay not to commit to the first person who comes your way.