+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How Should I Approach The Girl I Really Like?

How Should I Approach The Girl I Really Like?

Please give me a post on what you guys think. I'm 16(and a bit) and there's this girl I have a big crush on. My prime issue here is that I'm struggling to tell what facial/body language is going on and my other segment of the issue is that I only see her as frequently as bumping into her.

I've only really ever said hello to her. She seems a bit shy and I feel like I've maybe given away signals of anxiety and liking her, I have little idea of what she thinks about me. Conversations don't really begin anywhere because we only really laugh and smile at each other. I find it hard to brake the ice when I remember some of the mistakes I made when talking to other new people and startling them which I'm trying my best not to repeat.

I didn't adore her prettiness at a first straight glance, she was in one of my subjects briefly. She'd often turn right round in class to look at me while I talked which she eventually stopped doing and made a couple of funny jokes about a couple of mistakes I made. I'd often laugh and say "Whoops, scuse me" if I left something behind when I made eye contact.

The first time I introduced myself to her was at the bus stop, she seemed really happy but shy at the same time like she was excited I was talking to her and was quickly looking for a distraction to avoid eye contact, she went off to sit down on a bench after telling me her name.

A pretty unfortunate moment came when a different girl asked me out in the cafeteria which the girl I fancied was also sitting in. I said I needed to time to decide and ended up showing her I wasn't interested. Of course the girl I had a crush on may not have seen any of this and her eye contact was my imagination.

After the teacher discouraged a load of pupils (including myself) about a third of the class dropped out of the subject including her, so I didn't really see much of her after that. Two weeks later I saw her standing with a couple of friends and said hello remembering her name from the previous weeks, she turned round and gave me a warm smile which made my day.

The following day I was at the bus stop the same time by coincidence, a friend talked (shouted) to me from the other side of the road and I suddenly saw her sitting back with her earphones in. Until it was time to get on the public bus we didn't approach each other even then, when we caught a slight eye contact she sounded as though she said a faint hello which I wasn't sure if it was directed at me but I said a faint hello back (as I felt a little anxious to start a conversation). Apart from that we pretty much ignored each other, she went to the top deck and I stayed on the bottom as i did not want to give the impression I was pursuing her. She coincidentally gets off the same stop as I did and I felt a little dumb to hurry off onto my path without saying a goodbye. I was very annoyed by my failure to make use of a good opportunity.

I said hi as I passed her on my way back home another day but she couldn't hear me as she was listening to music and looking at her phone.

I mean I'm not at all trying to sound overly nitpicky or obsessed, I'm just interested and would like to perhaps get to know her as a friend. I find it hard to be friends in my other classes which are mostly boys because they're so immature and make vulgar jokes about women. I want to be the modest confident guy who has many likeable features, regards women well and hangs out with friends who are also mature which I think is the type of guy most girls like.

Thank's for reading my scenario and I look forward to your advice! :-)

Hi Xanda
    i think that you have to encourage your self more.
    try to make your other opportunities more useful by opening a discussion about some thing that you think she likes

last thing : if you relay like her , don't stop trying even if you appear like obsessed in her , cause you are obsessed .