+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving forward

Moving forward

Hi

I've been dating this girl for about a month and a half. We've been meeting up, though it seems to be me who does most of the initiating. She is a bit old fashioned in regards to dating so that may be why. I want to ask her where she feels this is going as I like her and want to progress to a relationship. Any advice if this is too soon or how I should do this is appreciated. Thanks

What does "we've been meeting up" actually mean? Have you been taking her out on dates, showing her romantic "tells" that indicate that you want her for more then an opposite sex friend or have you been just hanging out like you're her opposite sex friend who sees no physical or romantic attraction to her?

It's too early to ask her where this is going if you've done NOTHING to show her where you'd like it to go.

If you haven't been showing her that you want her for more then another friend then you best show her in some way that indicates to her that you're interested in dating her (kissing her, holding her hand, putting your arm around her and seeing if she's open to letting you) and eventually, if things go well, being her exclusive boyfriend. (too soon to voice that though because doing so will likely scare her away or make her make a decision to soon).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

We've been out on dates like going to museums, shows & dinner. We text each other but not fairly regularly though I've attempted calling her but she often doesn't answer the phone and texts me back.

I've held her hand and put my arm around her. She doesn't seem comfortable enough for me to kiss her yet though I have kissed her on the cheek a few times.

I think you should kiss her goodnight at the end of your next date. If she doesn't let you then back off and let her do some of the initiating and if she never does, then you'll have enough information to know that you should quit wasting your good dating time and money on her.

Let us know how your good night kiss goes.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Default Re: Moving forward
    Well I messaged her asking her out this week as I wanted to find out where I stand before she goes on holiday next week. She just replied she was too busy this week to meet up without offering to see me when she got back.

I just replied saying I wanted to see her as I wanted to progress to the next stage and if she wanted to take things further then to contact me when she's back from her trip.

So I've left the ball in her court. The more I think about the more it bothers me that it isn't a two way exchange as it stands.

You need to forget about her or at least supplement her. Don't waste any more energy on her regardless.

Hi Manny.
    first of all, "meeting up"..is she actually aware these are dates?
    second has she given you signs she's interested in you more than friends?
    maybe you should tell her you like her,see how things go.