+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving it forward?

Moving it forward?

Hello!

I am not sure where I am going with this text but I know it will feel good to let it out in the open and perhaps get someone elses opinion on this. For you to understand the situation I explain below I would just like to inform you that I and this woman I am writing about live in a college campus.

I have just fell in love for the first time in my life and decided I have to take action on my feelings. I have been flirting with this girl now for a couple of weeks, before I began flirting with her we had different circles and hardly ever talked, but lately she has been taking the innitiative to sit down besides me and she seems to have a good time, I am teasing her and she teases me back.

But im not sure if she gets that I am interested, and Im just not ready to go clear-text yet. My headache in terms of giving her the message in body signals is that she is very uncomfortable with body contact with the opposite sex, I have seen other guys touch her neck/shoulder area just brifly or even just bumped into her by mistake and she will respond with awkwardly telling them to stop and or pulling away as fast as she possibly could.

I have touched her briefly like explained above meself without having her reaction of pulling away or telling me to stop as a result, and lately she has been coming up to me as I have been sitting alone in a coach where she has seated her self so closely to me that our whole sides touches although there has been enough space for her to sit far away, but other than this all the physical contact she has given me has been trying to tickle me or poking me.

I know she does not have any relationship at the time and I am rather certain she has never been in one, and she does not flirt with anyone else as I have seen.

I am prepared to have my heart thorn apart by her or wait whatever amount of time for her to be ready, but I don't know where I should go from here to send her my message. I have never been in love before so I have never been chasing for anyone. How should I read the signs she is giving me and how can I go forward at her phase?

I am prepared to have my heart thorn apart by her or wait whatever amount of time for her to be ready, but I don't know where I should go from here to send her my message. I have never been in love before so I have never been chasing for anyone. How should I read the signs she is giving me and how can I go forward at her phase?
    Ask her out one-on-one with you. Make sure she knows it's a date by using the word "date." Kiss her on this date which makes it known to her that you want more then to be just another friend that happens to be a boy.

If you don't make a move soon, you are in danger of putting yourself in the Friend Zone. Google "Ladder Theory" and read about ladder placement. You Do Not want to end up on the "friends ladder."

Good luck, let us know what she says about the date request. BTW: If she turns you down, then don't let her do all those things she's been doing that give you mixed signals. Don't let her turn you into her MALE-girlfriend.
    "
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Take her out on a date and then as that great philosopher of the 1960s Austin Powers would say 'then shag baby'.

Do NOT tell her you are in love with her or have feelings for her. Just ask her out on a DATE, and continue with your flirting etc. Let things develop, sexual tension, teasing, kissing etc. You need to build up the desire in order to get to relationship status/ sex. Once romantically involved, then you can slowly express feelings.

Yesturday evening I went abit far teasing her, she called me a stalker, I think it was playfully but I was very over energic at the momment so I felt hit by it either way, havent said anything else than "hi" to her passing by her since this. I might just be overanalyzing but it is hard not to, I don't believe this is the momment to all of a sudden ask her on a date. Anyway, I am plannning not to speak with her untill she comes to me.

Why are you being a coward?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion