+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting to know girl when it is difficult to do so..

Getting to know girl when it is difficult to do so..

Hi

I work in a large retail store. I have a crush on a co-worker (female) that works in the same store. The problem is that I have only seen her 3 or 4 times and have spoken to her once only. Her role alternates between customer service and cashier. My position is that of a sales associate, so you can find me everywhere around the store.

The problem is that this position that I currently hold is not full time/part time but contract based. The contract will be ending at the end of this December. When the contract ends, I will not be working at the store anymore.

I really like this person and I believe she likes me as well. She is nice, smart and beautiful. How do I get to know her more when it is difficult to do so? At the cashier role, I cannot have any conversations with her, there will be customers waiting to purchase items and therefore it does not allow me to communicate with her. Same with customer service role.

I have thought of writing a letter to her, 3 to 6 sentences, nothing dramatic, poetic or anything like that. Just a simple letter letting her know that I would like to get to know her better. The way that I would go about doing this is to purchase a bottle of water and give her the letter. I am not sure whether this is weird .

I do not want to loose this girl. What should I do guys? Should I pull the fire alarm and meet her outside ? Should I give her the letter or man up and speak to her?

Thank you for your time

Do you ever take a break at the same time? You could talk to her then. If that isn't an option, then you are correct that you shouldn't be chatting her up during work. She's a cashier so she needs to be dealing with customers. You could get her or even both of you in trouble.

However, if you don't otherwise get any other excuse, I think you actually have a pretty good idea there already. I'm not sure I'd recommend writing a letter necessarily. I do think, though, that you were on the right track with going through her line to buy something (soda, bottle of water, it doesn't matter what, really) and then just briefly chatting then. I think it would be a good idea to do that and say something like "I'm not going to be working here after XYZ date. I always thought it might be nice to get to know you better..." Maybe give her your phone number, or ask if you can have her phone number. Or, maybe even just ask her out then and there. Whichever feels the most right to you.

I mean, in the end, why not go for it? You'll never know if you don't try. Good luck!

Stop with the note crap, that's just insecure. I know your type, you make every excuse in the book to not come face to face with her and ask her out. After the shift, ask her if she wants to grab a slice of pizza or something. If you are off earlier than her, ask her if she wants to meet up for a bite to eat after she gets off. I know in retail there are slow times where there are only few customers....nothing stopping you from talking to her, make a joke or two, have a little fun conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by kriswashere View Post
    Hi
    I do not want to loose this girl. What should I do guys? Should I pull the fire alarm and meet her outside ?
    Yeah, pull the fire alarm, get her out and take her to Starbucks.

You work together & obviously have your cells on you at work so ask for her contact details & text her what you want to say & then when work job is up you can still keep in contact. Simple as that.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Man up! Man Up!