+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In Love with a difficult girl

In Love with a difficult girl

Hi,

I knew this girl through my friend 5-6 years ago, but I have only met her about once or twice a year.
    We never got closed or become friends. But I always have a very good impression about her.

Recently, I just happened to text her and we met up for dinner and drinks;
    It was just normal hang outs without any intentions from each side.
    Then this is eventually got more frequent and we start getting closer as talk more about outselves and got closer. 2 months ago, while we have having drinks, I thought she was having too much pressure with work and made a few jokes to let her laugh and let it out a bit....she started crying and told me she just broke up with a married man with kid. They have been going out for a year or so and the relationship is hidden from friends and family. She had to make a closure as she realized this man will not be able to give up his family for her despite loving this man so much.....still.

So for the last 2 months I have been consoling her and became a very good listener. And yes, In thought there is a chance for me to step into her world. But I knew the first thing I have to do is to make sure she recovers from this relationship as she became very depressed and locks herself up after work and not having proper meals.

Once within a few days I would meet her for dinner and I brought out for movies and shopping in the weekends. I did not give her the impression that I have a crushon her until theses activities became more regular and I could feel that she had figured me out somehow. Now we had drinks a few days ago till morning and we had a little bit of intimacy......but it was just hugs and eye contacts, i didnt want to sill it out still.
    when i sent her home, i told her how i felt at the door, she told me I should not have feelngs for her and expectations cuz she doesnt know what she will feel after she has fully recovered and it is not fair for me.
    She knew to start with someone else is definitely a good option for her to forget about the breakup.

I didnt force and took a step back and told her I did not expect myself to express my feelings so soon as well. But I do not take her answer as a rejection. She smiled and we started talking about her recent loneliness and stress etc. I told her my main priority is to see her recover and gave her the impression that I have not given up hope as well.

Now, since then, although we still contact each other but I felt I was too truthful with what I said and she knows that I will be back and she is starting to keep her distance away from me.....

I want to hear your comments~ hope someone could shed some light :)

I actually planned to tell her how I feel much later as I knew this wasnt the right time.
    Did I screw it up? She closes her door to people she does not like; I am sure I got into the door but it seems like things went too quickly. I have mixed feelings about going on with my pursue. I know persistence works as a Sales but not relationship unfortunately.

Difficult girl? Sounds more like a dumbass bitch. It also sounds like you're one of her girlfriends, not someone she would want to date.

Don't waste time with 'difficult' people. Persistence isn't what works in sales. If you have a quality product, it sells itself.

Tell this girl if she doesn't want a relationship then stop contacting you. Do not contact her either.

You stepped in when you shouldn't have....Being the shining knight doesn't get you the girl bro. And bwt it was rejection, she doesn't have those feelings for you, and it's not because of what she told you. She used the "I'm not ready excuse" to let you down easy. It wouldn't have made any difference if you had waited. She's not being difficult, she isn't interested in you.....her being distant is telling. It is what it is, you got friend zoned, don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    You stepped in when you shouldn't have....Being the shining knight doesn't get you the girl bro. And bwt it was rejection, she doesn't have those feelings for you, and it's not because of what she told you. She used the "I'm not ready excuse" to let you down easy. It wouldn't have made any difference if you had waited. She's not being difficult, she isn't interested in you.....her being distant is telling. It is what it is, you got friend zoned, don't waste your time.
    Thanks I guess thats how it is~

yep~ well its always bloody f-up when it becomes like this.
    advise taken, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mc2013 View Post
    So for the last 2 months I have been consoling her and became a very good listener.
    You have put yourself in the FRIENDZONE.