+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused, I don't understand what's going on, and not exactly sure what to do...

I'm confused, I don't understand what's going on, and not exactly sure what to do...

I met this guy at this college we both attend. We talked for about an hour and I got his number. I'm 17. He's 21. It's legal in my state. I've done ALL the research. I told him how old I was before I got his number. A few weeks later I text him and he asked how old I was. I told him and then he said that is not okay for him to be texting me because I'm 17 and he's 21. I respected that, and I understood where he was coming from, so I didn't contact him again. A month later, I was on campus when he sees me sitting alone. He waves and goes out of his way and walks to where I am. He proceeds to have a 12 minute conversation. I was a bit confused by it because if I'm too young for you to be texting, aren't I too young for you to be talking to me like that? After you acknowledged my presence, there was no need for the extra conversation. A week or so after that he shows up at the library and we talk for another hour. The next week he shows up again, and we talked for another hour. I ran into me the next week and we talked for another hour. Two weeks later I was sitting in the library, but another guy had sat where he usually sits next to me. He walks in sees the guy, he comes to my side asks me what I was up to. He literally places himself between me and the guy while he talked to me. After that he left. We text occasionally, he shows up at the library consistently, and he'll flirt a little , but he hasn't made obvious moves. I'm trying to figure out what to do or if he's interested.

I'm just going on a hunch but I'm going to say he's probably afraid that if he gets too involved with you then he might get into trouble and he's having doubts on it. I would talk to him about it. Worst case scenario he's not interested and you find someone a little closer to your age that isn't afraid to date you because you're under 18 for the time being.

All he's done is be friendly with you. I suggest you get over your anticipating that his friendliness is more then that.

He's clearly told you that he's not interested in anything with you when he shut down your pursuit of him through text.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion