+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how would you react to this after 'date' text from a girl

how would you react to this after 'date' text from a girl

Well it wasn't really a date, more like a catchup - ex music tutor (him) and student (me). Day and a half later I texted this:

" Hey xyz, thanks for a great eve! Fabulous company, awesome spot. Well - and weren't the ladies checking you out! Ok - was admittedly hard not to get a little distracted by that handsome man in the room! Have a good day "

'awesome spot' - because he picked it
    'ladies checking you out' - because thats what happened and i thought he might smile at it
    'admittedly hard not to get distracted' - because he knows i admire his talents as a musician, but i have never hinted that i think he's attractive
    'have a good day' - because i wanted to be a cool girl and not give him any pressure about responding about a possible second 'date' whatnot

How do you think a man would have taken this?
    I can handle criticism but pls warn me if you're about to tell me something bad - as unfortunately I've already sent the msg!

cheers

Too friends zone-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by moxieeixom View Post
    How do you think a man would have taken this?
    A little wordy, but you should get your point across (as long as he doesn't think you were talking about another handsome man in the room)

But if it doesn't work out, I'm more than available
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

gosh, and here i was thinking i was actually making a big move coming out with that i think he's handsome.
    thing is he hasn't exactly given me a green light, so was just trying to take one thing at a time, try not to scare him off? but am definitely putting up a big wall i know.

his response to that msg was something along the lines of 'haha, entertaining lady she was! yes was great fun thursday! will hopefully be in touch soon for some catnapping. all the best'
    (he wants to borrow my cat for a few weeks, mice issue in his house)

can i assume he's clocked that i fancy him a bit?
    if thats the case and he feels awkward about it/doesnt feel the same, he can easily wiggle out of it and never contact me again right?
    or he genuinely needs my cat. but then i can't see why i would be the only person he knows who he can borrow a cat from.

You need to relax and just spend more time with him doing non tutor/student meetups. If something is going to happen you need to let it happen organically. Let the relationship develop between you to as casual friends first, and get to know one another....let the attraction and comfort level grow. Let him notice you by looking a little sexier, prettier, smile lots, etc. If there's going to be attraction, let him be the one to say something. And yes that wall does have to come down. If you are not open/comfortable around him, it's always going to be awkward and you won't get this thing off the ground.

You came off a little try hard-ish to impress him, just be yourself, but if you made it a memorable reply for him then it worked.