+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cancel a second date via text - do you think it's ok?

Cancel a second date via text - do you think it's ok?

There's a guy who asked me out. Our first date went extremely well and I was really excited about this guy. My car had broken down that day, so he offered to give me a ride to school the next day. He also looked up different shops where I can get my car fixed. Later he texted me and asked me if I would like to hang out again soon (he's going on a business trip for 2 weeks and he wanted to see me before he left). I said I'd love to see him again and we decided on dinner the following day.

On the day of the date he texted me and we exchanged a couple of texts. An hour before he was supposed to pick me up, he texted me and told me that he had to work late that night cos his boss bailed out and he won't be able to make it. He didn't apologize. He just sent a few consecutive texts telling me it was really upsetting and sent me a sad smiley (???). I responded back and told him that things happen. Oh well.

I'm just really ticked off that he didn't take the effort to call me when he canceled - that just seemed really disrespectful to me. All it would've taken was a minute (even if he was with his clients) or he could've called me later. And an apology would've been nice as well. I haven't heard from him since. He's leaving town tonight. Normally I wouldn't have taken it all that seriously, but I've just been walked over way too many times and I really don't want to make excuses for guys anymore.

What do you think? Do you think it's ok to cancel a date with no apology - especially considering the fact that it's only the second date and we barely know each other?

Thanks!
    Last edited by whatthis; 12-02-11 at 05:54 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think that's lame for the same reasons I *guess* I could handle a sell out text so long as it was genuine and aplogetic, his wasn't. He didn't apologize? Didn't offer to set up a new time at that point I wouldn't hold my breath... if he calls when he's back cool, if not buh bye for good.

lol this is funny. I talked to my gal friends and they all agree with you, girl68. Then I posted this same thread in the "Ask a Male" forum and the guys seem to think that I should call him because he might be afraid that I'm mad at him.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I WOULD BE mad at him. No apology? umm hello you sold me out, apologize!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Typically when one party sells out guy OR gal I believe if there is interest you set up another date. I'm sorry I can't make it BUT, when I get back we'll do dinner.

Or something along those lines.

Yeh that's how I feel as well. Thank you! Now I don't feel like I'm over-reacting.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't really care if I was. If the dude doesn't know how to sell out porperly meh, whatever. Next?