+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure where my feelings lie

Unsure where my feelings lie

Hello.
    My boyfriend has been working away since June. I was told that he would be home at the beginning of August, but the day before he was meant to come home, be called me to tell me he will be working away until September. During the month of July, I lost two friends and it was a difficult time for me. He did his best to be with me and help me through it. For my birthday, in July, he booked us a romantic weekend away, which was last weekend. It was a lovely weekend and I really enjoyed my time with him....I think.

I can't shake the feeling that something has changed with us, even though he feels nothing has changed at all. At times I'm so excited to see him and really miss him, and other times I feel drained and I doubt my feelings for him. This can be so bad that I lose my sex drive for him. I'm scared that I'll become interested in other men, where before I could not imagine my life without my boyfriend. I don't know what to do, I can't handle this mixed emotion. Please give advice where you can!

Em Gib

My friend it happens with everyone of us as feelings & emotions are never the same they change with circumstances so my advice is you try to hang around this confusing time will pass soon but u have to give some time to yourself not to hurry in your decision making because this can ruin your life as u already said u love ur bf. if u love him have little patience. patience always give good result

I think it's because he is working away. I'm sure I wouldn't feel like this if he was around all the time. I hope the wait will cure me because I actually want to be in love with him and I want to be his girlfriend.

Time will heal everything its the best cure believe me u r honest God will always be honest with u

I'm still going through phases of "I don't love him" and then I'll have a phase of feeling that I do. It's horrible!

Its because u r confused wen our heart is confused we don't know wat to do time will heal everything don't rush into any decision at this point of time just wait u ll get better result

I'm still going through phases of "I don't love him" and then I'll have a phase of feeling that I do. It's horrible!
    How long have you and BF been together? Why is he away? Is it possible that his physical presence is a kind of crutch in your life and when that is minimal you begin to entertain doubts about your long term compatibility? In short, is it your own thoughts that are creeping up on you and creating doubt? If so, are those thoughts based on anything you're able to define?