+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He dont trust me

He dont trust me

My boyfriend don't trust me. He knows he has a problem and his trying to deal with it but it isn't going very well. I want to help him to get thru this together but he keeps saying he is dealing with it. He constantly thinks im going to cheat on him and its holding our relationship back. He was cheated on in the pass and he feels that it will happen again. Im trying to be patient with him but its hard cos I feel hurt that he thinks I would do something like that to him.
    I really don't no what to do. If I don't text him back he thinks im with someone else, or talking to other guys. How can I help.

You can help by telling him you won't tolerate his insecurity bs. You've no reason to tolerate mistrust because of someone else's actions. Don't stand for it, or it will never stop.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

You know how you are kind and reassuring when he gets like this? The result is that you're reinforcing his behaviour. He acts badly and then gets positive results from it.

Have you told him how much his actions are hurting you?

My advice is much the same as Solarion's. You don't deserve to be treated like this so you must make it clear that you will no longer engage when he does it. Tell him upfront that if he does the jealous thing, you'll walk out/ignore the phone until he pulls himself together and apologises. When he starts getting negative outcomes from his behaviour, he'll likely stop very quickly.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.