+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: One Night Stands - when single - the pluses and minuses involved?

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I have seen the ugliest/loser guys getting laid. He might not get the best girl (perhaps some fat chick who sleeps around to boost her self-confidence and/or some loose girl with STDs).
    Are you one of these fat chicks with STD's?!

...fat chicks with STD's?!
    Isn't that a Queen song?

Well this thread has seemingly taken an ugly turn.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    Whether YOU believe it or not is irrelevant. Can you provide something (besides your judgmental opinion) that disputes it?
    There is no substantial evidence supporting that list. I thought it was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Are you one of these fat chicks with STD's?!
    Obviously not. Why would I make that comment if I am? duh.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    Isn't that a Queen song?

Yep. It says a lot about those who write ugly things
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Obviously not. Why would I make that comment if I am? duh.
    Well, perhaps you need to join their team so you can get laid. It is very apparent that you need it desperately to get rid of you disparaging attitude

Isn't that a Queen song?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yep. It says a lot about those who write ugly things
    You could just SAY you're not a Queen fan. lol
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

There is no substantial evidence supporting that list. I thought it was obvious.
    It's still more than YOU posted.

It's still more than YOU posted.
    Your list was just something that was posted on another forum. Its just bullshit unless you can provide a link that can substantiate what is being claimed. Believe me, I rarely agree with FOL but in this case, she's right.

Besides: "Promiscuous" is relative. To you, (as an example) having done 10 people in 10 months would not be considered "promiscuous" but to me, it would be a promiscuous person. So: How can anyone be able to substantiate a claim that one country has more promiscuity going on then another? WTF would be doing the judging (some random scientists? pffft.

Lets see the actually study by these "mad" scientists. Can you provide us with that rather then some blogger's say on that's how this promiscuity scale was calculated? Won't matter if you can't... just would be a better way to hammer home your point to Princess FOL.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 12-09-15 at 05:40 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

(rolling eyes) This info is easily googled.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/title-most-promiscuous-nation-new-index-ranks-global-getting-it-on-article-1.354183[/url]

(rolling eyes) This info is easily googled.

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/title-most-promiscuous-nation-new-index-ranks-global-getting-it-on-article-1.354183]And the title of most-promiscuous nation goes to ... - NY Daily News[/url]
    Wakeup, it's on the internet - it must be true.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Oh, silly me.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

(rolling eyes) That's not my point... Fearoflove's obnoxious stereotypes about Americans are annoying and easily argued against without doing extensive research. I will save the PhD level research for more serious topics (but will defer such effort to those who require such in-depth investigation for ridiculous arguments).
    Last edited by smarta$$; 16-09-15 at 07:58 AM.

Fearoflove's obnoxious stereotypes about Americans are annoying and easily argued against without doing extensive research.
    That is likely where the heart of the disagreement lies. I didn't find FOL's comments to be particularly obnoxious.

I don't get why it would be hard for any guy to get laid especially in America. I mean, I have seen the ugliest/loser guys getting laid. He might not get the best girl (perhaps some fat chick who sleeps around to boost her self-confidence and/or some loose girl with STDs). But he would get some girl if he finds the right opportunity. Doesn't those opportunities always present itself in America?
    Given that America is the 3rd most populous country in the world @ 322.5 million(after only China and India) and that 50.8% of those are female. I don't find her assessment to be all that unrealistic. There are huge numbers of overweight people(male & female) in the US and a great number of them do in fact have low self-esteem. If one is not all that particular it is quite easy to get tail in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    I didn't find FOL's comments to be particularly obnoxious.
    You emphasized the obesity rate. My focus was more on the "especially in America" bit.

Unless you live in a 3rd world country where they murder women for having unmarried sex, I am guessing it is probably relatively equally easy to get laid in any Western country, though I am still thinking it is likely easier for women than it is for men (overall).

You emphasized the obesity rate.
    I didn't actually...I mentioned overweight(bmi >/= 25) people in the US, which is a very high number in absolute terms. Much higher than in other parts of the world. In part because there are more people here, and in part because so many Americans can't be bothered to take an interest in much of anything...including their own health. The numbers of American women that are overweight and/or have low self esteem is > the total populace of most nations. It's just maths.

332,583,000 * 68.5%(estimated overweight + obese) = 227,819,355 * 50.8%(female) = 115,732,232(guesstimated) large women(& girls) many of which have poor self-image, but need lovin' too.

The entire population of the UK...male; female; overweight & otherwise is less than 63,500,000.

If I'm a hideous troll guy living under a bridge and still hoping to get laid once in awhile, I rather be in the US. It's a target rich environment for the non-discriminating str8 mimbo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast