+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In A Blink of an Eye

In A Blink of an Eye

In today's day and age, it seems like every time a couple goes out in public, they are always on their cell phones, even single people always on their phones. I think this is just too much, what ever happened to focusing on the person and not staring at a screen in your hands? For all you know, all that time you had staring at your screen you could have focused on the people around you or right in front of you, by you staring at your phone constantly, you are wasting your life, watching it go by until it's over. What do you think?

I think you're right. Many people have lost touch with what really matters and are instead obsessed with the technology that allows them to communicate instantly. It has cultivated an environment where the quantity of relationships often trumps the quality of relationships.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Yeah I know.

I think these fancy new phones we have these days can be AWESOME..... but I also agree that, like everything in life, people have ruined them. People abuse them. I do agree with you that people become way too dependent on them. My ex was one of those people. She'd spend literally all day every day on her phone, either texting with people, on the Facebook or the Instagram or whatever, playing games, or whatever the Hell else people do with those contraptions.

We'd go out to a restaurant, or on vacation or something like that, and instead of living in the moment with me, she'd be on her phone the entire time. God, I'm surprised she didn't whip that stupid phone out while we were at the movies. It wouldn't have surprised me. Just another one of a million reasons as to why I should have ended that relationship SOOOOO much sooner than I finally did.

She is an extreme example for sure, but I agree with you fully. Makes me kinda sick when you go out somewhere and see all these couples out together, and yet they are ignoring each other with their faces down at their phones the whole time. This is definitely a make or break thing for me personally. I don't expect somebody's full, undivided attention 24/7. I also don't mind if you check your phone from time to time. However, if we are out together, we are out together. We're not in a threesome with your phone..... or even worse, I am NOT the third wheel to you and your phone.

So, seriously, people. Put the damn things in your pockets sometimes and LIVE life.

true.. takes a huge chunk of our concentration
    Last edited by idorea; 03-10-15 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idorea View Post
    true.. takes a huge chunk of our concentration
    I'm sorry. What did you say? I was looking at my phone.

HA HA HA HA! Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 03-10-15 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I'm sorry. What did you say? I was looking at my phone.

HA HA HA HA! Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
    i edited .. was a typo..

LOL! No, I was just being a goofy idiot. I wasn't making fun of your typo. In fact, I hadn't even noticed it. My brain just autocorrected it for you.