+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blink 182

Blink 182

I've always like this group, and have followed them for a long time. They seem to be a love/hate group, but their true fans have always stuck to em. We've known them to be the fun-loving pranksters of pop-punk.

The more I listen to their newer self-titled album, the more and more I fall in love with it. They have taken a completely new "sound" on and their lyrics are much more mature, as the groups artistic values have as well. I can't help but to listen to "Down" or (for those who have heard the CD), the one song with Robert Smith from The Cure.

I dunno, just a word of moment...I love this CD.
    Last edited by Innova; 04-09-04 at 08:27 PM.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I liked the TOYPAJ album, it was almost the only thing I listened to for over a year, it had a real teen energy to it, my favourite (from memory) was Reckless Abandon.
    But now I have a more alternate taste in music, true that blink has changed to a more alternate style with their new album, but it just isnt the same anymore.
    Anyway, Blink182 is one of the bands that defined who I am.

3 letters...
    W...T...F

Innova, it is so funny that you started this thread and that I just happened to notice it at this moment. I was just listening to the very album you speak of, (song playing right now is "All Of This"; LOVE IT!!!). I too, love the song Down. It's just too weird, I would never have listened to this, but my daughter brought it home one day and played it and I instantly liked it, (much like most of her stuff). I have a very diverse CD library, and it wouldn't be complete without Blink. I also have Enema of the State. Great stuff! ......hmmmmmmmm........what's my age again?

I've heard All the Small Things, First Date and The Girl at the Rock Show. I think they're all pretty good, though like I've said somewhere else I'm not really into English songs.

Yeah I love Blink 182, always been one of my fav. bands...just have. This CD is completely different different from anything they have done.

Listen to Track 14, I'm Lost Without You. This is def. not Blink, but damn they do it well and damn is it sad.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Actually the only English songs I listen to are songs that my younger brother downloads, lol. I don't have their CD, and I am saving cash up for college...

I always kinda liked Blink 182 but I didnt buy an album until the most recent one and now theyre my favourite band, this album is just amazing.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Listen to Track 14, I'm Lost Without You. This is def. not Blink, but damn they do it well and damn is it sad.
    You are right Innova. Damn. I love that second line in the first verse. "Please let me know that my one bad day will end..." I think just about everybody can relate to that. Great song, but I agree. Very sad.