+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Distant Male Friend?

Distant Male Friend?

Hi! If you're taking the time to read this and respond, thank you so much! It means so much to me.

To begin, one of my really good guy friends used to have a major thing for me. Like, he never once talked to me about it, but I heard from multiple people that he had a crush on me, and that he definitely liked me. To top this off, it was kind of obvious. This put a strain on our friendship - we were great friends, but I didn't feel the same way he did. According to an outside source, he said that he became depressed and was determined to get over me. So over the summer, we stayed in basic communication: texting, hanging out, whatever. But, he was becoming increasingly distant. I called him out on this, but he insisted that he considered me one of his best friends, and that anything he did was unintentional.

Skip ahead to now. He's becoming even more distant. He's intentionally not inviting me to things, avoiding any kind of conversation, and overall, is just not being himself. He acts fine around other people, maybe a bit more so than he ever has. However, when it comes to me, I'm always forgotten about. Now, I can go on forever about the small things he has done to me. The problem is that none of these events are "call out" worthy. It's all tiny things, like "I wasn't invited to this", or "he completely ignored me today". I have no concrete event to call him out on, and our relationship is getting worse, and I just need help.

So guys, can you please let me know why he's acting like this even though he "insists" I'm his best friend? He got over me months ago, and I'm not sure what to do. Do you have any tips? Thank you!

Oh dear didn't you know? You can't be friends period. You have to let him go. He will always want you, and being around you is only torturing him emotionally.

I totally get you as a female can separate emotional attachment from sexual interest....guys can't do that. All those guy friends you have.....they want to have you too. That is the only reason they hang around or text you.....waiting for the opportunity to get with you. If you offered sex to anyone of them, they will accept. Guys don't make an effort to get to know a girl because he wants to be friends...that is the reality of it. They all find you attractive, and well some don't have the gonads to ask you out. Sorry but this is the god's honest truth.