+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She seemed very interested, really wanted us to go out, then completely vanished?

She seemed very interested, really wanted us to go out, then completely vanished?

I signed up to an online dating website to try something new. After talking to a few girls, I got talking to this one girl in particular. If I joked around with her she would carry it on and she'd write 5 or 6 line replies. I originally suggested about taking her out last saturday, but she said she was in London with family and asked if we could do Sunday instead. Of course I was working, but we agreed on the Thursday that had just gone.

Her last message on the dating website mentioned that she wouldn't be at home this week and would have no wifi to contact me, so she gave me her number and jokingly apologised about herself "being too forward" by giving me her number.

Here is the text conversation since she gave me her number:

So yeah, I got the train to her station and she wasn't there. I assumed maybe she forgot or lost her phone. She's just completely disappeared.

I'm reluctant to send her another message because as you can see I've effectively sent four in a row and don't want to appear annoying, etc.

Not sure whether to just leave it, and if she replies, I'll tell her I totally forgot about it and that I ended up going out with friends (tell her how I enjoyed my night with them, etc)

OR, should I wait a week and just drop her a message on her online dating profile and joke about her being "taken hostage and me having to pay her ransom". I obviously don't want to look like I'm too bothered about it.
    Last edited by fmfan08; 31-10-15 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
    I signed up to an online dating website to try something new. After talking to a few girls, I got talking to this one girl in particular. If I joked around with her she would carry it on and she'd write 5 or 6 line replies. I originally suggested about taking her out last saturday, but she said she was in London with family and asked if we could do Sunday instead. Of course I was working, but we agreed on the Thursday that had just gone.

Her last message on the dating website mentioned that she wouldn't be at home this week and would have no wifi to contact me, so she gave me her number and jokingly apologised about herself "being too forward" by giving me her number.

Here is the text conversation since she gave me her number:

So yeah, I got the train to her station and she wasn't there. I assumed maybe she forgot or lost her phone. She's just completely disappeared.

I'm reluctant to send her another message because as you can see I've effectively sent four in a row and don't want to appear annoying, etc.

Not sure whether to just leave it, and if she replies, I'll tell her I totally forgot about it and that I ended up going out with friends (tell her how I enjoyed my night with them, etc)

OR, should I wait a week and just drop her a message on her online dating profile and joke about her being "taken hostage and me having to pay her ransom". I obviously don't want to look like I'm too bothered about it.
    Are you bothered by it though? Because if you are, you should be more direct and not fall back on humor to minimize your own feelings about it. What she did is incredibly rude. She gave no signs of being uninterested - in fact, she said "I'd love to go out tomorrow" when you asked her and she didn't ignore your messages until after she stood you up. I don't think she lost her phone, or that she forgot; to be honest, I think she just didn't want to meet you for some reason and rather than just tell you that, she chose to act like a loser and ghost on you. Not cool. I'd move on and search for someone who has more respect for other people's time and energy.