+ Follow This Topic

Thread: no desire to flirt/date?

no desire to flirt/date?

This may seem ridiculous, but a few months post break up, I don't pay attention to hot guys (I notice of they are hot), nor do I get excited when guys hit on me. I feel like there is something wrong w/me. I really truly loved my ex and thought he was the one (he told me he wanted to marry me all BS), he ended up taking me for granted, I found out he never really cared for me (he was my 1st real love). I am getting on w/my life, spending time at the gym, getting ready for my new job, spending time w/friends and just spoiling myself. What is happening? I have had NC other then trying to get my stuff back. I almost feel like I won't be able to love somebody that much. It is also coming up to what would have been our 1 year, when we met I felt like that woke something up in me. I don't want to be single forever, but I'm afraid to put my heart on the line again.
    Last edited by RealLifeSeeker; 01-12-15 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealLifeSeeker View Post
    I don't want to be single forever, but I'm afraid to put my heart on the line again.
    Nothing is wrong with you. You just don't want to get hurt again. They said it takes time to heal a broken heart. Some could even take a few years. Just don't think about it and do what you are doing. Focusing on yourself, being with friends, etc. I'm sure when you are ready, you will start dating again.