+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get this girl to notice me again?

How do I get this girl to notice me again?

Growing up I went to this school that's very "fancy" it's a school where millionaires, politicians and celebrities sent their kids. People were rich and good looking. I was sort of the odd person out. I was overweight and poor. I was best friends with this girl who I've been in love with since I met her in second grade. We became closer over the years. No matter what I looked like she was always there right by my side. It didn't matter what I looked like. She was friends with me for me. Around freshman year of high school we got extremely close. I finally told her I liked her and she told me that she liked me. I was over the moon. For the first time In my life I was excited for something. Yet the following weeks something changed. I began wondering if she was just joking. Yes, I screwed everything up. Growing up I was the schools joke. I was constantly made fun of. I didn't want to be in a relationship with her in case people made fun of her for being with me. After I told her this she stopped talking to me. I became extremely depressed. Nothing could make me happy the way she could. A couple of months later I began to lose a ton of weight and revamped my "image". Honestly not to brag or anything, I'm an extremely different looking. I haven't talked to this girl in three years. I moved schools and we are both in our senior year She now has a boyfriend. I tried to text her about 7 months ago and got no answer. I haven't tried since. I don't want to seem like a creep. How do I get in touch with her? Do I hope to run into her in public? I know it's unlikely that she will dump her boyfriend for me, but I can't help but try. If I was incapable of loving myself, how could she love me? That's why I completely changed. I lost a ton of weight and worked out. I'm now comfertable with myself. If she doesn't want any part of me, that's fine. I just want closure. How do I get in touch with her?

I am not sure that getting in touch with her is a good idea. You haven't been in contact for quite a few years and your lives have changed, you have changed. So, maybe digging up the past is not the best thing to do here. Now that you've grown confident, try moving on and looking for someone else. It's gonna make a lot more sense. Also, do some reading on relationship. Try looking up an article titled 'Relationship Questions That Can Help To Build Really Loving Couple' on Nexus Date blog. It can help.

I would agree with Myers. You tried already and she chose to ignore you. Maybe she changed her phone number, or maybe she just blatantly ignored you. Who knows? Either way, you tried to reach back out to her and it didn't go anywhere.

Since I am not you, I am not her, and I was not a fly on the wall for your conversation, I can't know what happened. However, I can't see how she could be such close friends with you, tell you she likes you too when you finally confess to her, and yet then throw that all away so easily. Granted, if she liked you and wanted to go out with you, you shouldn't have questioned that. You shouldn't have told her you didn't want to go out with her because you were worried people would make fun of her for being with you.

At the time, SHE thought you were good enough for her, so no matter what others may or may not have thought about it, SHE was okay with it. She obviously didn't care what others may think. Believe me, I'm not saying that to blame you or make you feel bad. I, of all people, understand how you feel. I understand that self-doubt. I'm just saying, if she felt you were good enough for her, rather than try to convince her you are not, you should have used that as an excuse to convince YOURSELF that maybe she's right.

All that said.... Though you made a mistake, unless there is further details you didn't share, I fail to see how that was enough of an offense for her to just completely ditch you.... FOR THREE YEARS, no less. So, to be perfectly honest with you, my gut reaction is that you deserve better anyway. Yes, you made a mistake, but if she REALLY cared about you, she should have seen that it was because of how low an opinion you had of yourself, and not that you didn't actually want to be with her. Hell, if you were such close friends, she obviously must have known that about you already. She shouldn't fault you for something for which she had already accepted you.

So, you did NOT screw up here. She threw away a great friendship, and what could have been an even better relationship, over one minor little offense. As much as you are clinging to the memory of who you thought she was.... take a step back and think about this.... Is that something a good person would do? Would a good person, would a person worthy of your love and attention, be THAT fickle? Give up THAT easily on somebody? Bottom line, maybe you dodged a bullet after all.

Good for you for getting yourself into shape. Enjoy that FOR YOU. That can be hard to do. You rock for being able to fix something about yourself that you didn't like. So, pat yourself on the back. Use that confidence and find yourself somebody who will truly appreciate you for you. That isn't to say you can't still continue to improve in ways you wish to do so. I would never advise somebody against healthy personal growth. I'm just saying, don't beat yourself up over something where your punishment was WAY too much to fit the "crime." If you're anything like me, you have a history of being your own worst enemy enough as it is, so don't encourage that in yourself any further.

Good luck to you!

You need to have a talk to her. You should have tell her the truth about your feelings. You have nothing to lost, just try the best you can.
    Free web cams

If you are a good boy only, then to a woman, you may seem like a bore. But if you have that air of mystery and bad boy persona in you, then you are hot and sexy! Just like men, women love a challenge. So the next time you see her or if she is in the same scene as you, flash her a nice smile then ignore her.