+ Follow This Topic

Thread: would you talk to someone you aren't interested in?

would you talk to someone you aren't interested in?

If someone liked you or was interested in you, but you had no desire to see them would you continue to talk to them or would you just ignore them and tell them it will never happen?

You shouldn't be cruel to them but you shouldn't act misleadingly either. Just tell them politely that you are not interested. Also, see some advice here: blog.nexusdate.com/relationship-help-tips-for-building-successful-relationship/

Agreed with myers. Don't be cruel, don't be rude. There is no reason to be. You should be flattered that they like you, even if you may not feel the same way. At the same time, I don't think "ignoring" them is the right thing to do either. That is immature and hurtful. Just be honest and tell them how you don't feel the same way. If you feel like you could be friends with the person but just don't want to be more you can tell them that, but just be honest. I think "delicately, yet firmly honest" would be a good way to describe it.

Think of it in this way.... Think of how you would want somebody to act if the situation were reversed. If you liked somebody, but they didn't feel the same way, how would you hope they would handle that with you?

At the same time, you DEFINITELY shouldn't lead them on, or say anything to lead them to believe there is a chance if there isn't. In other words, don't say something like "I appreciate that, but I only see you as a friend RIGHT NOW." Sometimes people have a hard time taking a hint, so if you make it seem like there is some uncertainty, they may just think they can wait it out and you will wind up changing your mind. Firm, but kind is the way to go.

Good luck!