+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to be not sad about someone not interested in you anymore though.

How to be not sad about someone not interested in you anymore though.

I have been msg with a guy that I like ya. He seems to be interested in me. I really like him though. I even thought about going to meet him ya. I don't know why he says he doesn't like me anymore. I am kind of sad about why he would not want to get to know me already. How do I get over this sad feeling though. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

Is this the same guy you've been talking about in your other posts? He's already told you he doesn't like you anymore?

To be honest with you, IF that is the case, then I would honestly tell you that you probably dodged a bullet. If he could dismiss you so easily then he probably never deserved you in the first place. He probably would have eventually pulled this crap on you anyway, and just imagine how much more it would hurt if you were a couple when he did.

Believe me, I understand how you feel. That feeling will fade in time, though, and you will realize that if he was as great a person as you thought maybe he could be, he never would have tossed you aside so easily in the first place. Forget him. You should never have to convince somebody of your worth. If he can't see that, that is HIS loss. You deserve somebody who would go CRAZY to be with you. If that isn't this guy, then it WILL BE somebody else. You will find him some day. Don't waste any of your time on a loser who can't even be bothered to give you the time of day. You are worth too much for that.

Good luck!

Ya it is that guy. I guess I just like people easily ya. Is that not good though. I feel sad a lot when people don't like me anymore ya. I guess I just need time to find the right person. Ya it is taking awhile though.

Believe me, I understand how you feel. I've always had this nature about me that I just want to like people and for them to like me. Not saying that I am anybody's sheepdog or anything like that, I'm just saying that my standard default has/had always been to be nice to people and treat anybody like they could become a good friend. (Well, at least when they took the time to reach out to me, as I have always been really shy as well. Lovely combo, right? Ugh!)

The problem with that is it caused me to get hurt a lot in life. To be honest, though, I wouldn't necessarily change that. It made me so much stronger now as an adult. Despite all I've been through, being nice to people is STILL my default. (Part of me wishes I could crush that side of me once and for all, yet part of me is proud of myself for not letting this world change me.) Oh, I don't go out of my way to BE so nice anymore, but I don't go out of my way to be mean either. I just no longer trust people so easily. The tendency to be nice is still my default, but I ignore it because my life experiences has proven some people will take advantage of you and others will just outright hurt you. So I'm nice to people when they prove they are trustworthy enough to deserve it. Otherwise, I'm not MEAN, I'm just neutral.

Anyway, blah blah blah. Where the Hell was I going with that? LOL! Right.... My point being I understand where you are coming from in this instance. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to develop a firewall, so to speak, but otherwise don't let this world change you. In other words, you should definitely be more careful who you let in.... but other than that don't let a few a-holes ruin the good person you are. There will be somebody out there who deserve the good person you are, so don't punish them (and yourself) for the sins of the rest of the world.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 22-03-16 at 06:06 AM.