+ Follow This Topic

Thread: insecure ?? probably

insecure ?? probably

Good morning Ladies, hoping I can get some advice, even I its to tell me to man up 😊. Been dating a lovely lady for 7 months now and have never felt so in love. My 16 year marriage ended 8 years ago and unfortunately I feel I still carrying some emotional(abandonment) baggage. My new partner has talked alot in the past about her previous relationships, even discussing the sex and has told me that I'm old fashioned in the bedroom, I thought i was just being a romantic 😂. New partner has told me how she cheated on her ex a few times and even pointed out the guy she cheated with when we were out one day. Other stories have come up as to how on a date night with the same partner she proceeded to chat up 3 guys infront of him. Yea, I'm a bit insecure and I accept that, but I struggle to understand why my partner would share these things with me.. Was it to make me aware that I had to fight for her, its only had the opposite effect. Please someone shed some light on this, I'm not perfect and fully open to constructive criticism

How long ago did she and the ex break up? If it was shortly before you started dating then it may be that she still has lingering feelings for him.

Also, have you told her that the topic makes you uncomfortable?
    Some women don't have a clue how to handle a mans ego and maybe she is just being a bit thoughtless by bringing up old relationships all the time.

On another note, I find it slightly disturbing that she admits to you that she cheated in past relationships and THAT doesn't bother you!

Could she be trying to make you worry for some reason?