+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she talked to another guy before me

she talked to another guy before me

Well it's finals time! I'm 27 and graduated 3 years ago. My girlfriend who is also 27 is graduating this semester. She went back two years ago and I'm very happy/proud of her

I know how stressful this time is so contact has been minimal which is fine. It's not something that affects me. Today I sent her a picture of this meal I made. She never answered to it which is fine It was just food. BUT I noticed on Twitter she replied to this guy. Sh signed up for it yesterday and he asked how long she has had it.

Now I'm a little irked. You would think if she's going to talk to someone first it'd be me right? Or am I a little uh overboard?

Well, I will start off by saying I definitely understand how you feel. I don't think you are overreacting by finding it a little annoying that she didn't respond to you, and yet was chatting up some other guy. However, on the surface, JUST based on what you've shared, I would say you shouldn't read too much into it.

It would be one thing if this were something she did all the time. It would be one thing if she always made you feel like she never has time for you.... yet she chats all day with some other guy. IF that is the case, that's a whole different story.

...But, if we are talking about just one isolated incident.... that this situation you describe was the first and only occurrence, then I would say try not to think too much into it. There could easily be a million perfectly reasonable explanations. Maybe your message wasn't one that necessarily required any response, so she just didn't get to it right away. Probably doesn't mean she was blatantly ignoring you, just as likely she may just not presently had anything to say.

On the other hand, as far as the fella she WAS chatting up.... maybe it was a class mate and they were discussing a project. Or, again, it could be a number of other explanations that are perfectly innocent. Maybe if it started to become a pattern, I'd say you talk to her about it. Otherwise, if it is just this one incident, as best you can try not to let it bother you. It probably meant nothing,