Well, I mentioned before I was going to bring cloture to this crush I've had on this McDonald's girl since August. I was debating to just walk away, but a pesky friend\employee kept bugging me to just go for it and to ask her out. I probably would have come to the same decision on my own anyhow had already had my mind made up that I was going to give it my best shot, and walk away from this situation if things didn't work out. At least I intended to ask about that note left in my bag to settle the question that had been bugging me.

So I got there a little after 2 PM yesterday and came in the side door and then came up to counter. Angie, this older woman I got to know a little, was at the counter and and came up and kind said "Hey. I'm back. You think you could ask you know who to come around the side to chat with me a couple minutes? With some translation assistance?" She smiled and kind of whispered "OK".

So then I went back around the corner trying to find a way to stand waiting without feeling too awkward. And then the girl I've had my eye on came out (along with 2 friends). It's been almost two weeks since I had seen her, so I had really had forgotten why I was so infatuated with her. I mean, if I posted a picture of her here, a lot of you would might say "That's it? What's the big deal?" But, she has a certain look that's just so exactly right for me and her mannerism and facial expressions just seem to magnify everything. Unfortunately, seeing her also made me remember why I got so nervous around her.

Here's pretty much how our conversation went.

I tried to give her my best smile, but I think I was already grinning real big from nervousness and said "Hey"
"Hi" she answered in English
It was a pause and I was afraid I was going to stand there as retarded as the last time and then she said something and friend translated "Where have you been?"
"Oh, I've been out of town working.... Hope I didn't bother you the last time I was here"
"She says no. She says that is her good part of her day"

(girl says something in spanish) then translator friend "I think you forgot your bag here last time. Did you get it back ok?"
"Yes, thanks for watching it for me"
(girl smiling talking again) "We had to look in the bag to find out who's they were. And there were some flowers in there. Were you able to get those to the person you wanted to?"

I was trying to think of something witty and flirty to say here but I just said "Uh no. There's just back in my office, dry and all. I haven't given them away" (I know. I'm so unsmooth) (Other friend who's listening on seems to understand the English, but she asks something in Spanish)
Translating friend: "What are you waiting for?"

I brought along the note I found in my bag 10 days ago and pulled it out of my pocket and said "I was planning to give it to the one who left me this note" and handed the note to my crush (note says "I LIKE YOUR YOU TOO -SILVIA). The translator is giggling in her translation and Silvia has a confused look on her face. Then she gasps and sort of screams and covers her face. The three of them are talking back and forth quickly in Spanish. Then Silvia is blushing really big and starts shaking her hand quickly "No Nota! No Nota"

It was kind of disappointing, because I kind of suspected she didn't write the note, but I had hoped. So I said half-jokingly "Oh boy. I guess we've been victims of a mean joke." Her translator friend kind of got defensive and said "Nooo, It's not a mean joke. We were just telling Silvia hey, this guy comes in here every day to see you, and you like him, you should leave him a note. But she was too shy, so we wanted to do it for her"

Being told that she liked me was not nearly as good as if she wrote the note, but at least it would make it easy to ask her out. So I said "this is probably not convenient place to chat. Would you be willing to join me for a fast dinner after work some day?"

She had a kind of smile on her face and answered with just a couple Spanish words
"She would love to... But she can't"
So I said "would a quick cup of coffee after work be ok anytime?"

And she repeated the same thing and her friend said "She can't. It's the rules of her house."
I tried to inquire a little further if they were really rules written in stone or if they were like suggestions, and I unfortunately could not move anything more along there from there.

So I told them that I had to get heading back to my office, and then the girl said something. Her friend "She wants to know if you'll be her again tomorrow". I said I don't, I have a lot of things going on at work.

So then she said "Bye" to me in English, and I winked at her and said "Hasta La Vista Baby" in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. They all laughed and I headed back to work.

So as I said. I'd give it one more chance, and unfortunately, I can't see this ever getting any better or different. She'd probably like the diversion of a guy dropping in to see her at work, and what REALLY sucks is I think she likes me a little too. Also, what everyone here has been warning me about, it's really tough to communicate without a translator, and all those other sour grapes.

I remember when I was twelve years old, I was at summer camp. We were having a camp fire the last night there, and this blonde girl I didn't know came and sat down next to me and we ended up holding hands. I never knew her name and I never saw her again, but I've always loved this girl ever since. I'm sure I'll always feel the same about this one as well.

In any case. I guess that means I'm on the rebound. Anyone here have any luck with dating sites?

Sigh