+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating websites!

Dating websites!

Hi, everyone!

What do you think about using of dating websites in searching of your life partner?
    Is it possible to find love online? What do you think? Tell me about your experience!

i think it's how most people find their partners nowadays.

I met both my 3yr9mo ex and my 8mo ex on OKCupid.

The success yield was 0/2, however, I'm working on getting back with the 8 mo ex, lol.

People do everything online now: search for new cars/home, pay bills, check email, social media, shop, look for sex, look for love.

People tend to be more introverted in society these days, and stare at their phone a lot instead of making conversation with someone standing in line at the bank. While you certainly can find true love anywhere, it helps to use dating websites. However, don't waste your time getting too involved with a person over text before meeting them, and don't expect to find anyone meaningful immediately.

To be honest, I have NOTHING but bad things to say about them. From my personal experience, nobody takes them seriously. Even if you put serious thought into your profile, serious thought into who you do and do not contact, and serious thought into the message you send..... the vast majority of people just completely ignore you. Everybody's gut reaction when I say that always seems to be along the same lines of spewing all the same advice. The same advice I've already heard a thousand times and the same advice I've always kept in mind when formulating my profile, my messages, etc. None of it helps.

Me personally, I've given up on them. I'm super shy, so it can be hard for me to ask women out in person. These days, it also, honest to God, feels like I don't really have a lot of options anyway. I basically only meet women at work and even if that weren't already somewhat iffy, most of them are already in a relationship anyway. So, online dating seemed like the perfect option for me because I'm not shy at all online...... but somebody has to actually give you a chance in the first place to learn that.

But you want to know the funny thing? Despite everything I just said.....

I still recommend giving online dating a try if that idea appeals to you. I don't necessarily recommend avoiding it.... I just recommend you not use it unless you can do so realizing it probably will never get you anywhere. Realize that you will probably just be ignored by everybody, but try anyway in hopes that maybe you will not. Then you can't be disappointed because you weren't expecting success.... but you can be very pleasantly surprised if it actually does work out for you.

These days, plenty of people DO meet each other online. A lot of people do meet through online dating. So, it certainly CAN work. So, I definitely would not deter anybody from trying it if you want. You never do know. Just, don't use it EXPECTING that it will go well. Then you will only get frustrated.

I don't like old at all but know a few people who use it and enjoy it and found some success using it...but I know more who hate it and is just another place for liars to go and try to trick people so be aware. Find people in your area that you can actually meet right away would be the best bet. Keep an eye out for strange red flags too. Follow your gut.

- - - Updated - - -

Also use a dating website that is highly recommended by people you know... especially if you are paying for the service.

I been lucky lately with dating websites. Maybe because I finaly learned how to write. I dont say hi or greet girls anymore also stopped compliment them and say they look beautiful. I just start straight chatting like I know the girl and been talking with her before. Despite that my pictures sucks, girls are still nice to me. Been getting dates.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm happy for your good experience. You gave me hope.
    Right now I'm on victoriyaclub. Have you heard about it?
    I hope, everything will work out for me!

Victoriyaclub is the worst dating site. Only gold diggers and trannies and cheaters there + guys are only looking for sex but girls dont even reply. If you want something good then go okcupid. Good questions, personality match and girls sometimes reply too.

I don't know... I like it. I've met a lot of good women there. I'm still communicating with some of them. And to be honest I'm even planning to fly for a date over there. I'm really serious about that!!!

I like local girls better - meet often and easy. Also once I find good girl I communicate only with her - like I do now. Not several at the time.