+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend has ended our relationship

My girlfriend has ended our relationship

Hi Forum,
    10 weeks ago my girlfriend ended our 18 month relationship. We are in our 30s. She is depressed and said she needs to try fix herself without having the pressure of a relationship and doesnt want to feel hurried into being 'well'. She is going to go to counselling. She has been before a few years ago. She said there is alot of things from the past she needs to face.
    We both told each other how special we are to each other. We basically cried and hugged for an hour. She said she would rather end il the relationship now on good terms then later on bad terms.
    I said I will respect her space but I wish things could be different.
    I feel so bad for her facing this. She has told 1 or 2 close friends.

I dont want this to be about me or anything.
    Would just like to hear if anyone else has been in this situation?
    I really dont know what I can do.

She at least didn't end it because she doesn't love you, or because someone else is involved. She isn't in the right mental head space to carry on with any relationship & probably loves you enough not to put you through any side effects of what is happening with her. Is she still willing to remain friendly with you during the breaking it off, or doesn't want you around her at all? If she feels this is what she needs to do, you have to accept it & be there for her when she does need you.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    She at least didn't end it because she doesn't love you, or because someone else is involved. She isn't in the right mental head space to carry on with any relationship & probably loves you enough not to put you through any side effects of what is happening with her. Is she still willing to remain friendly with you during the breaking it off, or doesn't want you around her at all? If she feels this is what she needs to do, you have to accept it & be there for her when she does need you.
    we have not talked since. she asked me to respect her space. I told her i would be there if she needed me.