+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Another ended relationship!

Another ended relationship!

Hey, not after advice as such, more just some words of comfort! Just had an amicable split with my girlfriend of 3.5 years, we lived together for 3 years, had a little dog, lots of holiday memories etc but it just wasn't going the way I wanted it to go. We lived very separate lives even though we lived together, we had no spark, never had sex or intimacy, I just didn't have that feeling towards her and if I'm honest I never really have. The thing was though we were good friends, companions and I do feel very hurt at the moment! I keep thinking I miss her so much and want to give it another shot but I just know that things won't change and I'm not sure if it's the companionship I miss the most, or her! Just feel very lonely at the moment just hanging with my dog every night! Doesn't help I'm 30 and all my friend are settled with kids etc! Will it get better? And do I really miss HER??

It's very normal to feel this way after a long relationship ends; even if the relationship wasn't great, you still form a bond with that person, you get used to their company etc. But if feelings didn't develop after 3.5 years, they won't - it is how it is. She deserves someone who feels strongly about her and vice versa. You'll be okay.