+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he practically lives at my place

he practically lives at my place

Okay, going to try and cut this as short as possible

live on my own after a long term relationship breakup, me and a good friend for many years start dating, and its gotten to a point where he is at my place 6 out of 7 night in the week, he "lives" at home when hes not at mine.

what's started to bug me, is he will clean the place once in a while to give me a break (which i am forever thankful for) BUT then says "anything for you" but technically you live here to, in one sense he is doing me a favor but in another he is also part of what causes that "mess" its never messy but just daily chores (vacuuming, dusting etc) is it wrong for me to think this way? and should i ask him to help out more often since he is there alot of the time?

the second part of it, is finances... since him being there, obviously my grocery bill goes up, utilities etc etc. plus hes getting a free roof over his head (yes he would have this at home as well but hes not there) is it wrong to think he should contribute towards these expenses? if not how do you go about bringing it up?

I've never been in this situation because my last relationship we moved out together, and agreed that everything was split in the middle

i just don't want this to turn into me resenting him

Hey,

You're absolutely correct, there isn't anything wrong with him his half if he's going to stay with you. It's just fairness really.

Personally, I'd just sit him down and mention that it's hard to afford bills, ask if he's willing help out with certain bills and stuff.

If it were me, I wouldn't have a problem! I'd offer before I even made it through the front door.

I hope you can work something out