+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much physical perfection matters?

How much physical perfection matters?

Hi guys,

How much physical body asthetics effect your chances of being with a woman that you
    want and make her fall in love you etc?

Is it worth to stay shredded all the time?

I would say you shouldn't "stay shredded" all the time if you are only doing it to try to attract women. If you do it because you WANT to do it, then that is fine. Yes, attracting women is certainly a nice benefit to keeping yourself fit.... but it should be just that.... a BENEFIT, not the main/only reason you do it.

Frankly, a woman who would only want you if you are "shredded" isn't the right woman for you anyway. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm also not saying people should be allowed just to let themselves go and think love will just fall into their laps. You can't just throw all caution to the wind and expect love is just going to fall into your lap even if you don't care about your own body/health at all. I'm just saying, somebody who only cares about looks really doesn't deserve you anyway.

We all should be with somebody we find attractive. You can't help who/what you do and do not. But, you also have to have reasonable expectations and realize that nobody is perfect, nor will they ever be perfect.

Granted you're both ready and in the right place emotionally and mentally, a real caring woman is not going to care about your physical appearance. What's important is that you're healthy, not physically perfect. It's the person you are on the inside that should be seen and will be seen by the right woman.

Women absolutely care about a man's physical appearance, just as much as men care about women's physical appearance. It's ok to be honest and say that being physically attracted to someone is important for you to want to date them. However, understanding that physical "perfection" is unattainable is very important. It is unrealistic and unhealthy to be obsessed with being perfectly "fit", because physical perfection doesn't exist -- it's all in the mind and how you view your own body in comparison to others. Most people appreciate an attractive body, but know that other qualities about that person are more important. I may be super attracted to a really hot guy, but it's a deal breaker for me if he is an asshole, or really f*cking stupid, and I assume the same goes for men as well.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You also have to remember that physical beauty, in the strictest, most stereotypical sense, doesn't last. I'm not saying there isn't beauty in aging as well, I'm just saying when your typical person imagines the ideal of who/what they find attractive, they tend to be imagining somebody young and fit.

The thing is, the older you get, the harder it becomes to stay as fit. So, at some point time will catch up to you. Nothing you can do about that.

I've also always thought of it like this.... Yeah, I'd love to have an amazing body, 6 pack abs, huge arms, etc.... but I am not willing to have my life basically revolve entirely around the gym. I'm not willing to spend hours a day every day of my life in the gym. I'm not willing to have basically every waking hour of my life that ISN'T spent working to be spent in the gym.

I work out almost every day. I read that you should give your body at least one day to fully rest, which is the only reason I don't work out every day. I get a pretty decent workout..... but it doesn't take me forever. I may never have a perfect body, but I'm happier living my life rather than living in the gym. That's me, though. Some people love to spend every waking moment in the gym, and that is awesome for them. Me, I have other things I enjoy. I do my workouts to take care of myself. I do my other stuff for fun.

Physical appearance matters more to unevolved souls, people who are barely spiritual. You either care about physical appearance, or you care about health and what's on the inside. Nothing wrong with either, but if you think being shredded is more important and will get you the girl of your dreams then keep dreaming. You'll find physical attraction, and yeah it might work out, but it won't be nearly as powerful as a spiritual attraction.
    Last edited by JimBo90; 12-01-17 at 09:54 AM.

Most women I know need a few qualities in a person they want to date to I guess fulfill some checklist, some might be a hot toned body, maybe a certain height, hair color, eye color, jawline, nice teeth even how they wear or amount of hair they have. If someone only wants you because your body is nice, how long before they are off with the next guy with a nice body? that isn't something that makes you special IMO, you need more and that is where personality counts as much.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

It's kind of like a college degree in a way. A college degree is great and all, but it just opens opportunities. You honestly learn so much more actually working than you ever do in college.

In a similar way, looking good helps and gives you more opportunities.... but if you want to find true love, it isn't all that's important. You need to find somebody who loves you for you and not just for your looks. And, again, physical attraction IS important, so it isn't like you can be all buff and ripped, find somebody, and then just let yourself become the size of a sumo wrestler and think she should just be okay with it. LOL! It's just, if you find yourself somebody who only wants to be with you if you ARE super buff and ripped.... then that isn't somebody even worth your time.