+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why didn't my girlfriend invite me to go to a party with her (she's also acting weird

Why didn't my girlfriend invite me to go to a party with her (she's also acting weird

We've been dating for almost three months now.

We met at work and she was going to everyone at work about this party she was excited to go to last night. My boss asked me if I was going with her and I said she never invited me.

She was telling me how much she was looking for to it but when i pointed out my boss said she didn't invite, she toned it down saying "it's only a couple ppl drinking it's not that big"

The day before, we went on a date but it was really weird, she said "wasn't in the mood to be touched" and whenever I tried to hold her hand, she would brush it away. At work yesterday though, she was really close, like we cuddled on break and stuff. I talked to her about the date before and she said yea sorry, I was just not feeling it and really tired.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point.

talk to her about it?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

It doesn't sound like a huge deal to me. Sometimes people are feeling irritated or anxious and don't want to be touched, so she may have been feeling that way on your date. The fact that she was touchy feely the next day makes me think it wasn't a big deal or something to be concerned about. That is, unless it turns into a pattern and you notice she often feels that way. The fact she didn't invite you to the party kind of sucks, but it's not that big of a deal. You can ask her why she didn't invite you, but keep in mind you don't have to always do everything together.

Ask her what's up and see what she says.
    "Caring is not an advantage."