+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it weird that he didn't invite me?

Is it weird that he didn't invite me?

So I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now and we usually go to parties together, with the exception of guy's or girl's nights. Well the other night he texted me that he was going to a party at "natalie's house". I've never heard of this natalie and I was a little upset that he didn't ask if I wanted to go. Being the passive agressive woman that I am I texted back "well I guess I'l just go to bed then" instead of saying what I really meant - "Am I not invited?" When he got home before he left for the party I just asked him flat out why I wasn't invited. He told me that he just wanted to go to this one by himself (or actually with his dude friend). I would have been fine with this if this was a guys night, or if it wasn't a co-ed party, but I just wanna know if anyone else thinks it's wrong or at least a little strange that he wouldn't bring me along to a party where there will be girls.

Also, At the beggining of the relationship we had the same argument except he was the one upset about not being invited to a party with 3 girls and 2 gay guys, but when I broght it up this time he said "I was overeacting then"

What do ya'll think?

Thanks for the help.
    (also I'm new to the site so let me know if I do something out of protocol)

Ps- he ended up not going to the party when I told him I was upset about not being invited. instead of ivitng me he just said he didn't want to go anymore. I wonder if there was something that was going to be at that party that he didn't want me to know about or be involved in?
    Last edited by am-I-wrong?; 01-08-12 at 10:02 AM.