+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i stop talking to my crush that seems to be losing interest?

Should i stop talking to my crush that seems to be losing interest?

For reference

Me - 25 - Single
    Her - 25 - Boyfriend of 7 years
    Other guy - 34 - Married, kid
    She is in our group of friends in work (Me, 2 other guys and her)

So, there is this girl i work with. I've had a major crush on her for a while. We have been talking via Skype in the office for the last 6-8 months. At first the conversations were really long and in depth. We would talk all day. But now it's changing. In the last few months she never ever initiates a conversation with me, i always do it. Were as before she would always start talking to me. I still talk to her and she still replies and is friendly, but the conversations are feeling more forced and takes longer to reply.

The hardest part about all of this is that she is now talking to one of my friends from in work. From where i sit i can see her in front of me and him to my left. They are talking every day, all day. Like we used to. Sometimes we will be having a conversation and she won't reply, i look up and i see her smiling, typing furiously. Then i see my friend to the left gets a message and i can hear them typing to each other. So she will just forget about our conversation and talk to him all day. It's making me really jealous and sad, we catch each others eyes sometime and i find myself hoping she'll remember we were having a conversation and reply, but she never does, just keeps messaging him. I'm sure it is innocent and friendly but i'm getting so jealous i can't deal. I just keep wondering, why has she stopped messaging me like that and seems to have an infinite amount of stuff to talk to him about.

We still talk but it's not like it used to be, a few times i've tried not speaking to her for a day or 2 in the hopes she will message me first. We also used to talk via facebook, again she would initiate a conversation, tag me in things, not anymore.

So my question is, what should i do? I wouldn't try anything since she is in a relationship. But i really like talking to her, but the way it's going i'm getting too hurt watching her ignore me for him. My mood is being dictated by the quality of conversation we have. So i was thinking about completely stop initiating conversations and only talk to her in person when we run into each other. But i have the fear if i stop talking to her she will just forget about me and that will be it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

She has a current bf of 7 years still? Then she is just a work flirt and anyone will do, first you, then your friend now and soon she'll be bored of him and will be another man at work, maybe someone who has yet to join your work in the future. Is your friend the 34 y o with a child or is that her bf of 7 years? If your friend maybe she feels he is a safer flirt bet because he is already taken like she is. You sound obsessed by her, quit that it will get worse in the future if you do not stop the obsession now, it is becoming too much for you that you admit jealousy over her and your friend talking especially when she is not single to begin with. Concentrating on her is stopping you from concentrating on other women who would be free to date. Find another girl who is single and leave this one to your friend, she will tire of him too and then you and him and commiserate over it.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

i mean she has been in a relationship with another guy for 7 years what could y'all possibly do seems like she just likes flirting with guys on the job or that she is sleeping around with whoever wants it. i mean if you ask me she shouldn't be texting each of you due to the fact that she is already in a relationship and that is very disrespectful to her man and you don't want her anyway let her go after all she is showing you rite now that she is not worth having she will do the same thing to you if y'all was to get together without hesitation! stay focused my friend and remain humble!
    No More Worries

Its the friend that's 34 year old with child. I know i have to get over her. The hardest part is that in work, we sometimes have a group message on skype, the three of us. She answers way fore enthusiastically when he messages, can see her smiling and trying to catch his eye. But when i message its like a forced response. He'll say the smallest thing and she'll burst out laughing and stare at him, and i only get a smirk at best. I just can't stop thinking about the way she looks at him, i need to get over this. She is the one who starts these group conversations as well, so it confuses me

Okay, so yes, he is a safe bet not to get too attached to her and she can harmlessly flirt where you are single and can get attached and well, has gotten attached and maybe that is why she lessened your chats and moved onto chatting with your work friend more. Is your work friend married, engaged or single? His partner would be not pleased she is acting like his work wife, I am sure and possibly her own partner wouldn't be happy with all the extra attention spent on men at work either. Never good to get between anyone elses relationship, she moved you out, so if it was me I'd be thankful and stay out. Find another women to take interest in, one you can date.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

He is married with a kid. I know this is probably a good opportunity to move one. The hardest part is that she seems to be more into him more than she ever was with me. Like she really likes him. I can see the two of them typing to each other and see her looks of glee when he messages, that is the hardest part

You poor fella feel sorry for you. Hope you will move on fast and stop being so beta about her.
    Perhaps you tried too hard and thats why she choosed guy who dont give a fck about her since girls likes guys who actually dont put so much effort into them.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm thinking about maybe asking her, why she has went quiet on me. Good idea or not?