+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he losing interest in me?

Is he losing interest in me?

My bf and I are sixteen. I'm concerned that he's losing interest because I'm injured, and he used to visit me about 3 times a week, and this week he only has twice. I asked him to come over once and he said he was sick and was helping out his parents with heavy-duty housework (which I thought was sketchy, since I didn't think you could do that with a stomach ache? But his parents are like drill sergeants and he's SUPER SUPER SUPER loyal to them and always doing work for them. He's very passive and always gives into them without argument. They've always been his number one priority, and their demands always cut into our dating time). He also said he was looking forward to his pizza dinner...would you still have an appetite for pizza with a stomach ache?

The next time I asked him over he agreed to come pretty quickly but left after about an hour and half since his parents needed his help again.

He was also less physically affectionate with me but I thought that might've been because my parents were around a lot of the time and he doesn't like to PDA in front of them.

Also, he still texts me constantly; we have conversations all day about our interests and he's always asking me about my life and opinions. He asks how I am and texts good night. But maybe he just feels bad for me since I'm injured? But he's always texted me that much in the four months we've been romantically involved, and our conversations go way beyond my injury.

We're abstinent due to his family's strict religious beliefs.

Am I being too paranoid? I don't want to call him out on it because I don't want to seem clingy. Thanks!

He's just very young and not interested in anything too serious with you (or anyone else) at the moment.

Seems he is giving you as much as he is comfortable giving you and if that's not enough for you then you should move on and find someone perhaps a tad older or at least a bit more independent of their parents.

Its that or you accept what little he does give you while you find other interests to keep you occupied.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

^So you don't think he's getting bored with me, he's just tied up with parental obligations?

Well, I don't know for sure but if his parents demand most of his time and he's not balking at that then no, he's not getting bored with you I'd say... he just can't juggle both responsibilities very well which, if it is the case, is just as bad as him getting bored with you if what he can give you isn't enough for you. Do you see?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I do, Wakeup. Thanks!

I think you are just paranoid. I mean, 2 times a week visit is still pretty frequent. And he texts you often.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions