+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance broke up

Long distance broke up

Hi,
    I'm writing here becouse I think is the only way I can get some honest opinions.

I'm Italian and I'm sorry if my English won't be perfect but I'll try to be clear and sintetic:

I met this girl in Italy 2 years ago while she was studying abroad, we falled in love, was amazing, and after 4 months spent togheter , when she left for US we decided to see each other again in NY for couple weeks after 3 months of not seeing each other.

We started this long distance relationship and decidet to spend the summer togheter so she come here in Italy again. Was amazing.

Then she left again and we stayed 4 months not seeing each other. Was painful and she changed all the time she was away. I went in NY and spent 2 months at Christmas.

Anyway, now after the last time we saw each other in the spring we decided to broke up. Long distance ruined my life and her life and we couldn't keep going like we were. I couldn't find an internship in NY for September, after my graduation, becouse is so hard for the visa and so expensive. We ended it. I drow her to the airport and while we were kissing a promising to see each other again, she left. Was the list time I saw her.

We talked for a few days after but then we got far. After 1 month of NC she graduated and I texted her for congratulation, very easy not heavy. I always gave her all the space. I'm still so much in love. We talked on skype for 3 hours and was amazing. We shared so much and we called each other love. She wished to close the eyes and be here with me. We ended the conversation with her saying let's talk soon.i was ok with that. I told her I wanted to see her again.

She texed me the day after telling me that she had a great time talking.

I responded with "me too, I missed you". After 2,3 texts of different topics, some days after she texed me that she missed me.

I responded and asked if she was free that night. Then she says she was working. I Tryed to call her but she didn't respond so I went to sleep. She texted me saying sorry she couldn't talk that night. Then she blocked me on texts.

That was the last time I heard from her. She is posting a lot on social media of her smiling and happy and I'm happy for her but I am struggeling becouse I don't understand. I need to love on. I don't know what's going on, I don't think I deserve this.

How do I move on? Why she is acting like that? Is she using me to feel better?

She is incredible, I truly love this person but I'm angry right now.

Plz, advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Justme95 View Post
    I need to love on.
    Love on man !

LOL think it was over when she left. You are just a poor boy nobody loves you|(Queen song)

Stop contact with her and you will move on faster and easier. It seems like you had good times together but long distance ussualy dont work. Eventually she would die on you like she already starting to die.

As someone said - going out and bringing girls home really boost confidence. So you have to push yourself in social situations with other girls and be busy with your own stuff. Dont stop your life for her. Cause she cleary not stopping her life.
    Its good that you are angry so that means you can feel something negative too and not just blindly in love. I really think it was more interesting cause she was american, otherwise you wouldnt fall in love so much cause local girls are not so mysterious. But I think later on you will find that local girls are the best, you need experience a lot of them.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will