+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am being needy?

Am being needy?

Me and this girl have a very strong relationship with each other. we are practically a couple just have not made it 'official' yet. We usually see each other and talk a lot at school every day and then we will practically text all evening. I have taken her out on a couple of dates and each one ended with a kiss and early more at one point. Lately she has started working and started revising and seems to have lost interest in texting me. I don't expect her to be texting me all the time but a short reason as to why she is not texting would be nice. I don't want to come across as needy. I was going to ask her to be in a relationship on Monday but she had to work and I really don't want to do it over text and would rather ask her out in person. I don't want to torture her either. Before the texting was very balanced and both of us gave equal amounts of effort but the past few days I have been making most of the effort, I don't know whether she's just too busy or she has lost interest in me?

you need to reality check
    if a girl does not answer to any of your texts
    you do NOT have a strong relationship

when u kiss a girl 2 times
    then you do NOT have a strong relationship

you have NO relationship. I would ask you not to tell her about your boundless love forevermore or anything.

You did not advance, sending out the message that you are either unexperienced, fear body contact or do not want her.
    have sex with her a little
    and the "relationship" will come by itsself
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

She does answer my texts, it's the fact I have been making all the effort lately. We have kissed more than twice and I would say, she has been out with me on more than two dates so I'd say we do have a strong relationship.

I'd say you're overthinking it, sounds like she's just busy. (Sorry I'm not a girl) Just ask her next time you guys see each other, and maybe text her a little less, she probably feels guilty that she can't make time to initiate at the moment. Give her some space without being distant.

But really, sounds like you're fine.
    Last edited by BlingBlong; 24-04-17 at 09:52 AM.

Overthinking is the poison in all relationships and you should stop. If you trust her then you should understand that perhaps she has other things to do, and not merely losing interest. I find that after a long while of talking to people (in consecutive days), conversations do tend to die down a bit as one or both parties slowly just incorporate each other into their daily lives. Take it as a milestone, I suppose. She is comfortable enough with you that she decided that she should go on about her lives, perhaps trusting that you will not mind those extra minutes of neglection.

Another thing that I find is that after consecutive days of talking, you just notice the littlest changes in that person's behaviour. If they use less words to respond, if they suddenly just attempt to make conversation for some reason and more often than not, it's just a product of overthinking.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mellor View Post
    She does answer my texts, it's the fact I have been making all the effort lately. We have kissed more than twice and I would say, she has been out with me on more than two dates so I'd say we do have a strong relationship.
    You probably have kissed 10 times and been out 5 times

I give you a hint: if you can still count those occasions then you do NOT have a strong relationship
    Maybe you have some kind of relationship
    Not necessarily an exclusive one if you have one at all

If you are making the effort then there is something wrong.
    We don't know what it is. I assume that you didn't have sex regularly. I also assume that that is part of the problem
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

She may feel that you have become too needy/clingy lately and this is her way of saying she needs space. If she is working, I would not expect her to be texting you. I would just directly ask her.

Well I hate to bring bad news, but a couple dates and kisses don't make a relationship. It is possible she is no longer interested, maybe she was a little bit at first and needed to explore those feelings to see how far they extended, and discovered they didn't. I would not pursue her, but give her time to text/call/etc you back instead.

I am not sure if "very strong relationship" and "practically a couple" really go together. I am part of the generation where texting wasn't part of a relationship. We would actually talk to each other on the phone. What I find with texting is that you can be more impersonal or simply quite short with your answers or not answer at all.If you really cared about someone, would you be too busy to send them a quick text? If you really want to be in a relationship with her, then you need to suck it up and call her, but because of her behavior that you are describing, as a woman, I think she is trying to tell you she is no longer interested without actually telling you. I hope I am wrong.