+ Follow This Topic

Thread: long story short, plz help.

long story short, plz help.

Hi guys, i have been struggle with my love issue for over 2 years, i hope someone could help me out there.
    I am 27 years old now. i have only got 2 relationships in my entire life.
    I met my ex in the age of 17, we have been though a 7 years relationship. we went into the same Uni and live together, it was the most beautiful era of my life.
    We were about to marry, she hesitated. and wanna break up with me. I spent almost a year for crying, and keep begging her to get back with me.
    Then i meet a new girl, she is very sweet, she is a type of girl that you can truly be yourself and laughing all the time, and very supportive. we started after 11 months of break up with my ex.
    i stopped msg my ex after i started my new relationship.
    2months after, my ex try to reach me, i know her intention is to get back with me, coz she can sense i am in a new relationship.
    she msg me things about marriage and information about livings in our university town. but i kept hide myself away, coz i dont know how to face her.
    few months later my new gf and i had some arguments, we broke up. this could be a chance to get back with my ex, but i didn't. because i didn't want to.
    imagine during the cold war, you escaped from east Berlin and you enjoy your new life in west Berlin, but at the same time you missed the good old days in the east. that was how i feel, it is actually what i feel now.
    i get back with my new gf again, she supports me to do anything i want, my dreams etc.
    around 3 moths ago, my ex texted me, said that her dad was in the ICU, i wish i could be with her, but i didn't dare to go. her dad is like her everything, without her dad, she will become alone, and i felt that i have responsibilities on her.
    sometimes i would think, my new girl having such a good life, family, friends, she can live with out me. whereas my ex, no friends, if she lost her dad, i don't know what would happen to her. and i knew that she did not meet anyone after broke with me. 1 more thing is i knew that she tried to order some poison to suicide about half an year ago, i am so worry about her.
    In conclusion, i love my sweet supportive new gf, i also miss my poor ex gf. what can i do?

This is a double thread
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Well, dig deep. Guilt is a very powerful thing. Because of having a past with someone, we can feel obliged to helping them or owing them something. Your ex having less of a family than your gf, although it may sound cold, has nothing to do with you and is not your responsibility. Would it be fair to go back to someone simply out of pity? You are still a young man. Maybe neither one will be the right one, but you must dig deep and be true to YOUR own feelings in order to be fair to each of these young women.