+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Club Members...pick an option and post it in this thread to count as a vote.

Exactly what I think too ~ my guess is because he is on a 100's of websites and forums and doesn't care if this place gets f'd up.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

agree with the both of you. i hate to say but one of the reasons i didn't ever want to run a season was waiting on others to get things going. if it helps i will pick c for the get it going soon and will let dollhouse call it.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

So where are we at on this?

Tied, still awaiting a poster? If a week has passed since notifying you don't have to wait as they will eventually log in and join in if they want. I don't want to say what the outcome is since dollhouse created the thread, but I do have the time to make up the review thread atm but if not ready maybe any other member who is online could make that up when the decision is made if at the time I am not online to do so?

Think we are stalled. Are we tied, because Exeter said in his latest post he would go to C just to break any ties?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Looks like spammers are back ~ hope that doesn't affect this season :[ [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] ~ decide this for us? :]
    Sorry! I haven't been on in a while, been handling some things in my own personal life.

I'll pick option A to settle the ties, but I won't be participating likely, so I'm not sure if my vote still counts then hahaha.
    But I would gladly read your reviews!

I'm actually going to a horror fest thing this weekend with actors and vendors. Stoked!

new version of IT

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    I'm actually going to a horror fest thing this weekend with actors and vendors. Stoked!
    Oh, awesome! Sounds like that is maybe like the ones I attend. What is it called? And who are some of the famous peeps that will be there?

so if glyc picks "a" are we tied? and then do we just do what topaz suggested? [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ~ I think so if you went from either A or C to C & then Glyc voted A we are tied on four each. Is this starting up this week?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Oh, awesome! Sounds like that is maybe like the ones I attend. What is it called? And who are some of the famous peeps that will be there?
    I went to Crypticon.

They had CJ Graham (Jason Voorhees from the 6th film), Steve Dash (Jason Voorhees from the 2nd film).
    The Land of the Dead mechanic (kind of random), a few lesser popular Walking Dead actors. Some Rob Zombie actors (Richard Brake, I guess he's in Game of Thrones too). Some guy from beer fest/super troopers. And more.

It was cool to meet some of the guys.
    But I thought the cover charge was a bit too much considering you really couldn't have spent more than an hour at the place in all honesty and all autographs/pictures were $30 each (otherwise I would have gotten some photos) but oh well.

Nobody I was a huuuuuge fan of, but one of my friends is really into Rob Zombies films and the Friday the 13th films.
    So for him, it was well worth it. Still a fun day for me regardless.

Sounds like it was a bit of a smaller convention, then. Not really any big names of horror. A few decent names, though. I met CJ Graham at Monster Mania for a special in costume photo op. He was fully dressed as Jason. I actually posted that picture on the "Post pictures of yourself" thread. That was tons of fun.

I will say, a lot of the autographs and stuff do seem a bit over-priced. It's one thing for the bigger name celebrities, I can see them charging more. USUALLY I've found that most of the celebrities at Monster Mania aren't TOO bad as far as what they are charging.... but sometimes there are people who aren't that big a deal yet are asking like $50 or $60, and then even JUST for a pic or autograph and not both. I know SOME of what they are charging is out of their control (the event takes a cut, for example) but some get carried away.

I don't mind, though, as long as the price isn't TOO bad. I personally feel like it is my way of supporting the celebrities I like. It would be one thing if I ran into them randomly on the street and was like "Hey! I'm a big fan. Could I get a picture with you?" I would hope they wouldn't charge me for that. But, at a convention I don't expect it to be free.

Okay. Since it appears this is tied ( as most times we seem to be) I will make up a review thread to appease both parties in the tie and people who voted to only review the new IT movie can do so, and also the people who posted to compare the new and old IT miniseries can do so as they voted and if the ones voting only to review the new movie decide as the review thread goes on they would like to watch and review compare the old IT miniseries go ahead and do so. All the discussion will just happen in one reviewing thread though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12