+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has anyone committed a crime for love?

Has anyone committed a crime for love?

I did, I tried to come to terms with abuse for years and it messed me up along the way. I thought I found the one and tried to hold on to him and keep him happy.

I wrote a short story with is currently free on amazon if are part of the Kindle library - What I Did for Love - Louise Nevitt.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever done anything similar, my abuse I've come to terms with but I am disgusted in myself for what I did.

Apologies, but I do not have time at the moment to read the short story. If you want to discuss here, though, feel free to share an abbreviated version. I'll maybe check out your story if I have time later. So, for now, I'm not entirely clear on exactly what crime you committed. So I can't necessarily comment on that.

However, I can say that I have never and almost certainly would never commit a crime for love. In my personal opinion, if it were true love, there would never be any reason for you to commit a crime. Anybody who truly loved you wouldn't ever want to put you in such a position.

I did, though, say ALMOST certainly. There may be some extreme situations where that could be different. For example, if somehow there were a life or death situation that involved me having to somehow break a law to save my loved one, I wouldn't even hesitate. The only examples I can think of are sort of off the wall crazy kind of things you'd probably see in a movie and not in real life. But, as an example, if my loved one were in some kind of danger, I'd run red lights, I'd break and enter if need be, etc. So, sure, there MAY be some extreme situations where I would do what I have to do for somebody I love. Or maybe, as an example, if I were with a gal and we both hit on hard times and were starving, I might steal food just so we didn't die. Again, therein lies an extreme situation where I might do what I felt was necessary.

But, if we are talking about a situation where your so called "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" wanted you to commit a crime for them (for example, steal something for them), then I do not think that is anybody I would want in my life. So, no, I would not commit a crime in an instance like that for somebody I love, because if they truly loved me they wouldn't even ask that of me.

No. I wouldn't ever do a revenge crime, is that the type you mean?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I once when younger tried to hack an ex, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    I once when younger tried to hack an ex, does that count?
    You tried to hack them? Like with an ax? Yeah, I'd say that counts as a crime. LOL!

(I'm kidding, of course. I'm assuming you meant, like, to hack into their personal accounts.)

Is this what they mean when they call it "crimes of passion" or something?

Depends, I guess. An example of a "crime of passion" is when somebody finds their significant other in bed with somebody else and then kills them both in a fit of rage. Quite literally, it implies a crime they committed in the passion of the moment that perhaps they would not have committed had cooler heads been able to prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    You tried to hack them? Like with an ax? Yeah, I'd say that counts as a crime. LOL!

(I'm kidding, of course. I'm assuming you meant, like, to hack into their personal accounts.)
    haha ... I laughed.

I think more commit crimes for hate...which involves people they once might have loved.