+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I do?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tomack102
    But by requesting is this me being selfish?
    Some may view it as selfish.......but if your gonna be miserable for not having a life other then your gf....then I really don't think its selfish of you.

I mean you still wanna be with her right? You just want some space to be able to do other things as well....?

If your unhappy being smothered by her(which yes..it sounds like you are being smothered) then down the road things are not gonna work out between the two of you. I mean eventually shes gonna isolate you....or you may have regrets......or you just might get so fed up and it will lead to bigger problems. I say reassure her that you still care about her..and want to be with her(thats if u do), but that YOU need personal space. Let her know that she needs a life too other then just you. I mean honestly .....its a healthy thing.

Ok, I will try that. Thank you. Shes still taking it very hard.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tomack102
    Ok, I will try that. Thank you. Shes still taking it very hard.
    Shes probably taking it hard because she thinks its more then just space.... SHe probably thinks your gonna break up with her. You just need to reassure you that it has nothing to do with your feelings for her....you just want some of your own time....WHICH YOU DESERVE.

If she's not cool with it......don't give in. I'm telling you, the more you give in to her....and not think about your feelings....the less things are likely to work out. I cannot stress it enough...... IN a relationship you need "ME time" (time for yourself)....whether its to hang out with friends, chill on your own, or spend time with your family. Its normal.... People who don't have lives outside of their relationships more then likely end up unhappy or divorced.

If shes not happy with it....either she will deal with it.....or she will choose not to. If she loves you she will understand the meaning of personal space. Encourage her to get friends and hang out with them......or get involved in activities....to keep her occupied.

She is letting me decide whether my space is more important than her. She is making me choose between the two, on one side my space for good, and on the other side her. I'm so stressed out right now.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, thats wrong of her....but just my opinion. SHe needs to let you have a life other then her! Now shes the one sounding selfish. But do what you want. If your afraid of losing her because she won't let you have space....then ask yourself "WHAT DO I REALLY WANT?"

If you feel you can give up your personal space for her.......then do it. But I still think in the long run your gonna regret it.

If you still want your personal space and she doesn't understand....then let her know that you did not plan on breaking up with her....but if shes gonna be that possessive....then maybe you guys should have a break...

Honestly you need your space and DESERVE IT! But sometimes it comes at a price. I cannot really help you other then to say do what you really want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12