+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just forget?

Should I just forget?

Alright, I am 19. My GF decided to "take a break" from me and our relationship at the one year mark. We've been on this "break" for about a 2 weeks now.It hurt really bad at first, and on top of it all I was in the middle of a move to a new state. Since I've been here its gotten easier, and I think its because I left everything that reminded me of her. I think it was really good for me and her to have some time apart. I know i could get over her if i really needed to, but i dont want to.

I tried going out with a few girls here, and i always compare them to her, but theres no comparison. It sucks because i'm worried that i wont find anyone else for a long time that is quite like her. I still think about her all the time, and still want her back.

We talk on the phone every couple of days just to see whats up. I havent told her that i've tried dating anyone. And i'm pretty confident she hasnt tried seeing anyone either(her best friend told me). She's said she still loves me a few times, but that she is really confused at the moment. She doesnt really know what she wants.

In a few days i'm going off to college back in the state i moved from. Its about 30 min. from where she lives. So i know that it could work if we got back together. I really want to wait for her decision on our relationship, but i know that i could have the chance with so many more girls at college. Not to mention i've been really horny lately, and havent wanked it. I seemed to have lost the urge to, probably a good thing. I'm thinking about testing the waters at college but still wait to hear her decision. If she doesnt have a decision by the first couple weeks of me at college, i think i'll just have to end it. But i really dont want to.

I really love this girl, and want to be with her so bad. I think she's made a really bad decision, and i think that someday she will realize that. I've never done anything bad to her, and all her friends tell me how happy she was with me. What do you think i should do? What are some ways i could possibly get her back? I plan on stopping by her house the day before i got to college and just saying hi. Hopefully good things will come for me.
    Last edited by Eskate85; 20-08-05 at 11:50 AM.

Hey bud I never ever understood this stuff about taking a break.. you really want to have a relationship with a person able to put you in stand-by mode?
    These kind of girls are messed up all the time and this just means problems and unsureness all the time.. believe me bud you dont want a girl like this. I understand you feel good with her and for sure you wont find another good connection just turnin the corner.. but you dont want to live every second with the chance you get dumped for no apparent reason.
    good luck!

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand "breaks" either. I mean either you want to be with someone or you don't. It's really not fair to keep someone waiting and giving them false hope. Just My Opinion.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I think you need to understand why she wanted a break to begin with. What does that mean like Ell and Glory asked? It's been my experience that when a girl says lets take a break she is either confused about what she wants or is letting you down easy because you are one of the "good guys" and she feels guilty about hurting you.

If she is confused, let her come to you. If she does, then you should talk about what she was confused about so it does not happen again. If she does not come to you, you must let it go. To pine after her will only prolong the pain of not having her.

Like you said, you're going to college and this is a golden opportunity for you to meet new people/new women. If you have your mind on this girl and are waiting on her, you might miss out on the whole college experience.

Give it some more time and don't pressure her for an answer no matter how much you want to know. Her silence in the matter may be the answer in itself. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place....trust me.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, especially Jsnowman. I'll just have to wait and see. But i'm mostly looking forward to college.