+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hindered discussions

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Awww, I'm dumber than a 6 year old.
    Awwww... LOL!!

Well, he's a VERY bright 6 year old, Junsui.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Indigo- I think people are quick to insult as well sometimes and maybe people shouldn't post anything when that happens, but that's why LF is so great! Because you can say how you feel. You will not always agree with everyone else and sometimes it's being harsh that actually gets through to the person. But people ahve their own responses to things that are happening.. I agree some things should not be said but Tone's response was not one of them.

I don't think there was anything wrong with Tone said. And I think there are a lot of things people can learn from reading all the threads on this forum. It's people thinking their own situation is totally different when it may be, but the advice they are asking for is always the same...so why not read some threads and answer the questions yourself. Not to mention if they don't get an answer they post multiple threads of the same thing which is flat out annoying!
    Hey RB, I'm not sure how much of your post was general or how much directed to me (it seemed a mixture), so I'll clarify:

I never said I had a problem w/Tones post. Nor did I comment one way or the other on whether it was insulting to the OP. In fact, I believe it was (I think he called him "self centred" and a couple of other things). My post had nothing to do w/that, however.

The OP was complaining in THIS post about the insult not really contributing to the discussion. Some LFers interpreted that, falsely, as a personal attack on Tone. I was trying to demonstrate the difference. In fact, I thought the poster was being extremely careful with their language NOT to do so. He only commented on the post and idea and how it might, for some, scare them off. Which I agree with.

Flame away. Free speech and all. And in that spirit, if I happen to feel that the person isn't really being helped by it and that its being done maliciously (which I don't believe was the case for Tone), I will help by pointing it out. Which can be ignored in the same spirit, etc... Some ppl DO deserve it.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wasn't disagreeing or trying to flame you in any way. I'm sorry for not clarifying my response more but I was just saying I agree with you when you said people are quick to insult others on here. The rest of my post was IMO.

I wasn't trying to say you were wrong or the original poster was wrong. I understand the point he was trying to make and I was just adding what I thought also affected that. But I think if you re-read the full post that Tone made, he makes very good sense. He wasn't trying to insult he was stating his opinion on the poster's actions. I'm sorry if you felt what I said was directed at you.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Since the initial poster could have made his point perfectly WITHOUT referencing a specific member, Indigosoul, I have to disagree with you. The post was personal. On the other hand, if Lion-Guy is going to be so thin skinned about people's opinions on what he says, he probably should not be foraging around places where anyone is likely to express them.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 24-11-05 at 10:56 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Since the initial poster could have made his point perfectly WITHOUT referencing a specific member, Indigosoul, I have to disagree with you. The post was personal. On the other hand, if Lion-Guy is going to be so thin skinned about people's opinions on what he says, he probably should not be foraging around places where anyone is likely to express them.
    OK, noted. Tone flames OP, OP comes back w/personal complaint. Sounds like one each by your count. Without any additional data (the OP seems to have disappeared), either interpretation stands. And I think the point has been made.

Actually, Indigo, I think the OP was more miffed at Tone's "self-centered" remark than anything else and was reacting to that.
    Speak less. Say more.

I just meant to say that as a new user, Tone's types of comments will cause people to not want to use these forums. It was in no way an attack on Tone himself. That is why I said "-Comments such as "Tone's" will hinder these meaningful discussions. " Key words "comments such as".

Sorry if I offended anyone or Tone.

For your knowledge I did search the forums before making my post. In fact, a took several hours to read through old post, trying to find ones that I felt were similar to my situation. Later I decided to make my own post. Partly because I wanted support and advice.

If any of you felt that my questions and post were too universal and contained repeated themes, wouldn't it be better to just ignore the post and not comment at all. I mean, the great people on this site preach about NO CONTACT, so why not use the same concept when you come across a post that bothers you?

Thank you Indigosoul for understanding what I was trying to accomplish.

Thanks for everyones comments and support these past few weeks. I decided to retire from using these forums. Tone you have accomplished your goal. Congratulations! I don't think I fit in here. Take care everyone.

Tone Guest
    Weak.

Ciao you big baby.

Tone Guest
    Also, second of all - so that I'm not misunderstood here - OF COURSE we need people to share their story. I have no problem with people sharing their story.

The reason I commented to Mufasa here the way I did was because he was making MULTIPLE threads about his SAME story asking questions on things he could easily look up. Find his first thread he made, I was nice to him. Just to set things straight.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Also, second of all - so that I'm not misunderstood here - OF COURSE we need people to share their story. I have no problem with people sharing their story.

The reason I commented to Mufasa here the way I did was because he was making MULTIPLE threads about his SAME story asking questions on things he could easily look up. Find his first thread he made, I was nice to him. Just to set things straight.
    Its all cool w/me. I think this thread should've died several posts back. Namaste to all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12