+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression, suicide, and my life

I think the fact that OV doesn't care about anybody other than himself is the reason that he thinks suicide isn't selfish. If you know people care about you and your well-being, then let them help you with your life rather than throwing some stupid self-pity party. If suicide wasn't considered cowardly, selfish and socially destructive, then everyone would kill themselves as soon as they got depressed and the human race wouldn't exist. We all get depressed at some point. Its just a fact. We don't kill ourselves, though.

I think going through a hard life and striving to succeed and meet your goals and be happy, even if all you have is a hope, is a lot braver than just giving up. Yeah, sitting down on a chair and never doing anything again sure is courageous. Damn, that's ****in noble.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    And suicide IS selfish. All you are thinkin about is yourself, and how hard things are for you. You don't stop to realize the impacts it would have on others around you. Your family. Your S/O. Your friends. How for the rest of their lives they have to face questions like "If I didn't break up with him... he might still be alive... had I not been so hard on him for taking out the trash.. he'd still be here... if I had only spent more tim

main reason for me not going that far before

Debunkt says:

"If suicide wasn't considered cowardly, selfish and socially destructive, then everyone would kill themselves as soon as they got depressed and the human race wouldn't exist."

riiiiiiiight, I guess nobody thinks about dying. The only thing stopping people from killing themselves is worrying about what others think? If suicide was quick and easy, I guarantee you a lot more people would be killing themselves.

The act of killing yourself is easy. Its called point and click. Like using a mouse. Living is a lot harder, but potentially much more rewarding. I think most people would take the possibility of something good over the certainty of nothing at all. If these people who commit suicide were really thinking, they'd take into account the fact that they are screwing up the lives of everyone who cared for them and actually 'risked' living enough to love them to some extent. I suppose if nobody loves you, go ahead its your thing, but its still cowardly and its unlikely that nobody loves you.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123