+ Follow This Topic

Thread: rebounds

rebounds

Do you believe rebounds can last for a year? or so?

I believe that you can stay with someone and like them , but still secretly love someone else

any other opinions?
    I'm going to show you baby, that a woman can be tough

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just go solo until you are over the first guy? Its not right to be leading the second guy on...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

a rebound is not defined as a long relationship to me.. a rebound is someone you get with right after a serious breakup to fill that void instead of healing it, then just like a zit the person you rebounded to will pop after that hole heals, usually this takes a few months max maybe a few weeks. thats my opinion.

as for being with one person and secretly being in love with another person i dont think that has anything to do with a rebound, that just means you should re think who you are with.

I could never rebound with someone, It just wouldent feel right

The question was really based on my ex's gf

oh well yeah rebound's are lame you have to get over the breakup sometime all a rebound is - avoiding it and wasting time

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the question is... why would you only want to be so selfish as to satisfy yourself when you can have another guy whose willing to give you better?? waiting for your ex while you're dating another person..isn't that kinda mean? well i've been on both sides, and it can suck either way.

i will tell you though, rebounds can work, but for the most part, they always end up hurting atleast one person.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I think it depends on just how done she was with the ex before they actually broke up. Maybe she actually was ready for someone new.

It's rare, though. Usually, a rebound guy is supposed to be a transitional relationship, to get you ready for the next real one.

....I wasn't even thinking about having a rebound relation of mine....jesus.......

I was asking pertaning to the relationship my ex was in...

The Best Way 2 Get Over Some1 Is 2 Get Under Some1 Else!

I LOVE THAT SAYING. NEVER DONE IT MYSELF well only once and it was 3 wks after me n my so call love of my life split up. BUT MY REBOUND GUY TURNED OUT 2 B A TOTALLY AMAZING GUY WHO I REALLY DID FALL HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH. HE THEN AFTER A YEAR OF BEING SO HAPPY HE ENDED IT AND BROKE MY HEART. SO THE REBOUND GUY CAN LAST A YEAR. AND MORE. AND THEY CAN SOMETIMES TURN OUT 2 BE UR BIG LOVE
    :-)

Well I guess you could call my current boyfriend, a "rebound bf" I was only broken up with my husband for a short while before we got together. We have been together for almost 5 months now and it is still feeling good. A friend of mine is getting married next month to her "rebound bf" they have been together a few years now though. It can work right?