+ Follow This Topic

Thread: on the rebound...

on the rebound...

What are your opinions on dating/hooking up on the rebound? How would you define "on the rebound?" Is it wrong? Is it okay all the time or only under certain circumstances? Would it seem more acceptable if it were a non-serious relationship/hooking-upship from both sides from the beginning? Is it more acceptable for the person who was "dumped" to do something on the rebound because they are seen as more "hurt" by a breakup? Is it wrong for the person who did the dumping to hook up on the rebound?

Just wondering your opinions on this... but then again, now that i think about it, what other way can you start dating other people other than starting to date other people after a breakup (which i guess is what "on the rebound" kind of means...)

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I'd say don't go looking for 'the one' in a rebound situation. If you feel the need for occasional pick-me-up dates or hookups, sure. But, as I posted in another person's thread, dating anyone within 3 months of a breakup is a 'rebound' situation, and is likely not stable.

As always though, it's based on individual circumstance. I for one wouldn't date someone who'd just gotten out of a relationship recently. They need time to heal completely (regardless of whether they feel they are or not) and sort out all their head-crap before I'll get involved. Safer that way.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi