+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a rebound?

Is this a rebound?

Hi Guys,

Posted here a few months back about my ex at the time, we ended up getting back together and been really happy till recently, I`ll try to recap:

When I met her she was living with her ex in spare room, we were just friends for a couple of months, then we met a couple of times was an attraction and we started seeing each other. Only difference really was she would stay at mine every weekend compared to when friends, same amount of contact during the week, calls and txts every day, etc.

Anyway as I mentioned before in my old post, I knew there was an ex on top of the ex she lived with whom she had an affair with (mainly txt and calls, only met 5 times in 5 months, never slept together) and I was told it was over - as it happened it wasn`t, i found out and we split, only to get back together 2 days later and it was better then before. Then she ended up going back to her ex, thats what my original posts were about on here, we stayed friends, and it was found that her ex has just been using her to get to her sister, so we started seeing each other again and she left him moved back home, intorduced me to her family and friends, always round at the familty house, or staying at mine evey weekend, etc. All was good.

Anyway, end of may she went out of character one day, every day she calls me like 3 times a day, and txts a lot, that day I heard nothing all day till about 10pm at night so when she txt me I simply asked that she might have let me know how collage had gone, this ended up turning into a big arguement that iw as trying to control her, etc. Following day we sorted stuff out, then her brother contacted me saying her mum had been saying nasty stuff about me so I called her to ask (we always got on) and she hung up on me, then my gf called saying her mum had said I`d called and had a go at her, so we we were over...

Anyway over the next 2 weeks from the "split" she is back in touch that she things she was was pregnant, then she "came on" told me she just wanted a bit of space whilst she did her exams, and even just a week ago she called me saying she didn`t want anyone else, just to let the dust settle at home. then Ihear nothing all weekend, so I contact her the Monday morning she acts strange so i said I`m calling it a day, she says thats fine she was going to cos she had met someone else anyway!!!

Sicne then shes been proper nasty to me telling me this guy is the best thing thats ever happened, that they "fit", he trusts her, that they are happy! now she claims she met him a week ago, so thats less then 3 weeks since we split - we`ve been on/off for 8 months and have been through a lot together and I`ve been there for her when her family wasn`t. And she said herself we wouldn`t have split if we hadn`t have started that arguement that night. Plus shes already put up on Facebook shes in a relationship, it took weeks for her to do that both times we had that up, and its the total opposite of what she was telling me she wanted!

So my question is, is this a rebound, and is she gonna be back? isn`t a rebound someone whom she would not usually date, or the opposite of me? Because every relationship she has had before me, including her ex of 4 years, has been my sort of age (35) and the new guy is 25. Shes 21. Plus he has a kid, is a DJ, doesn`t even have the same intrests that Iknow off!

Plus, unlike before, she has her family around her now, and she hs managed to turn them against me with her outbursts when shes venting after we have argued about stuff, up tot hen we got on really well and i was good friends with them. Shes always wanted to keep in contact as friends when we split before, but that only last 3 weeks and we were back together. This time she hasn`t wanted that telling me to leave her alone and not to contact her again (granted I`ve not quite done that been a bit confused as to why she could say she didn`t want anyone else to me on the phone the same day shes supposed to have met the new guy!).

How should I play it? I`ve already started NC now. Been here twice before but we always ended up back together, this time it just feels different yet its over something much less. And to the point, we were VERY HAPPY up to the point I tried to raise my concerns that night having made many plans and things.

is she gone for good? This guy the real deal and shes realised her mistakes with me, or is it just a case of trying something different to keep everyone round her happy for the minute then it goes tits up so she can come back for me?

Do really miss and live her, i cannot understand how she can just claim she feels nothing for me when I`ve got her through so much when she had no-one else....

thanks guys...

let go dude..... what a waste of the love you have to give....

You don`t think she will be back then?