+ Follow This Topic

Thread: crush

crush

i'm just another insecure, shy person...surely there are people out there like me who have overcome this...? advice? good experiences??

so, i thought this guy was really cute. he works as a coffeeshop downtown. one day, i finally get him to grind me a lb, and i'm so obviously flustered - i can't make up my mind about the type of coffee, what kind of coffee machine i have, etc. he says "you know, you're really, really cute."

i wilt and can't make much conversation.

he asks for my name, i am lame and frozen and don't ask for his. i say i should stop by again some time soon. he says "maybe you should."

next week, i peek in religiously every day, but he isn't there at the times i stop by. late in the week, i get coffee (a little dismayed at not seeing the cutie) and bump into him outside.

he says, "you stop by and i'm not even working." we make idle chit chat - he seems sort of half-there/uninterested, but at least remembers my name. he asks what i do - i tell him, he mentions he's in school and i ask what he's studying... he mentions something vague about city college. he ends with "i have to go home now. i guess i won't be seeing you after this" i say "depends on when you're working.." he sort of explains his schedule.

we say goodbyes.

i kick myself now for being a lameass and not even asking for his #. but GOD i am so SHY and nervous.

was i just blown off, or should i be more forward? how do men feel about getting approached by women like that? is it pushypushy? or was that pretty much a clue for get-lost now, thanks.

Well, I obviously can't attest for all guys especially being that I don't think like most guys, but here's what I would be feeling. I'm always flattered when a girl approaches me. In this case you already know he's attracted to you because he told you you're cute and he had enough interest to remember your name. Now the half spacy thing could have multiple explanations anywhere from him being on some kind of substance to him having something going on and was distracted, or maybe he was just in a hurry. Seems kinda weird that he would be so vague unless one of these was in his head. Anyway, if you do see him again, go ahead and ask for his number. If he gives it to you then you can get to know him better over the phone, if he doesn't then you'll know for sure he isn't interested. Either way it's better than not knowing and letting a crush manifest. Usually you can get a good impression by the way he acts the first time you talk to him. So try to feel him out and see what kind guy he is by his speech, his gestures, manurisms, everything. Then make your decision based off of that. Thats my advice, hope that helps.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm... i feel that this guy is interested but he may not want to seem to pushy in the beginning. he might be thinking that he's trying to hit on you but it doesn't seem to be working because you didn't bother to ask him name. being that he explained his schedual, he wants to to stop by when he's actually working. give it time and NEXT time, ask him for his name and maybe his number. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...