+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does She Have A Crush On Me? HELP!!!

Does She Have A Crush On Me? HELP!!!

Ok, I need a little help figuring this one out. I work with a woman that I believe has a crush on me. I can' quite figure out of it's just meaningless office flirting that means nothing or if there's something more to it. Hopefully you can help shed some light.

Here are a couple of examples....

I received an email from her after a discussion we had earlier regarding using me as an excuse to avoid going to a meeting. The email was just a reminder that said, remember, I'm using you. I responded, use away in which she responded back with "Sounds so tempting I may have to do that".

There's a joke that came up in our department in which someone mentioned that it is natural to size up everyone in a meeting to determine whom you would sleep with if you had to pick one. I tend to be in a lot of meeting & received a couple of joke emails on my laptop while in the meetings from her asking if I made a selection. I always respond jokingly about how I'm meeting with all men. We ended up in a meeting together in which she followed up with an email stating that since I get so much flak about "The Game" she would step up to the plate. She stated: "This may brighten or possibly ruin your day but I have selected you. I probably shouldn't be telling you this." she later responded asking if I felt lucky.

Our manager is a woman & sent out a poem to the other women in the department,including the woman I'm speaking about. It started off saying "I love the woman reading this email, she is smart, strong & beautiful". She edited the email & sent it to me reading..."I love the man reading this email, he is smart, strong, classy & handsome".

To add to it, we've all been out to happy hour together a few times & we always kid her that she doesn't know how to play poker. We had a string of bad winter weather lately & one morning she told me that she had to tell me about this dream she had.

She went on to say that in the dream it was bad weather so our company setup everyone in a near by hotel in which we all had a happy hour. She went on to say that 4 of us ended up in the same room with only to beds. Her, myself, her close friend & another guy we work with that also attends happy hours with us. She said it was very weird, we were all in robes & her friend and the other guy were off talking & her & I were off on our own as I was teaching her how to play poker.

This sounded weird, like we separated out like couples. A friend told me that chances are good that in the dream, there was sex, not poker playing but to save from coming out with it she probably just reworded it.

Other then that she does come by my desk a lot, tends to star directly into my eyes when we talk & stand very close to me. I'm not sure if starring in someone's eyes is a sign but it is definitely uncomfortable.

Everyone tells me I'm an idiot & that it's very obvious. I have the same idea when I receive the emails but about an hour after start to think I'm reading into something not there.

Any thoughts? What do each of these things mean? Are any of them bulls eye give away? Is there anyway for me to know for sure?

I'd say that she's very likely interested in touching your penis.

The question is, do you want to involve yourself with someone at work. What if the relationship goes poorly, will you be able to deal w/ working w/ that person going forward?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

They are all "bulls eye give a ways." What do you expect her to do ... grab your penis??

I'm not quite as concerned about work romances as Lite ... as long are you are equals. Sure, if things go wrong it can put a strain on things, but in a busy world, sometimes a co-worker is your best opportunity to find a nice girl you like (far better than going to clubs). Just be smart about it.

Carl.